Chapter 6-secret admirer

Everyone was sound asleep. It was raining outside. Lightning struck followed by thunder. Emily woke up with a start. More thunder went off and she pulled her covers over her head. The sound of thunder terrified her.

Emily left the room hoping to find somewhere to hide so she wouldn't wake the girls.

Meanwhile in James' room he also woke up to the sound of thunder. Just before he fell back asleep he heard walking down the hallway. It sounded like someone was crying. He then remembered that Emily had always been scared of thunder. He hurried to the door and pulled it open causing her to jump.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"Why are you awake?"

"The thunder."

"Same." Emily tried to hide the fact that she had been crying. "I should head back to bed." Emily began to walk back towards the girls' room. James reached out to grab her but hesitated. Thunder struck again and Emily ran back and wrapped her arms around him. He stood shocked. Thunder went off again and she tightened her arms. James wrapped his arms around her.

"Don't worry, you're not alone. Come in." James guided her over to the bed and they both sat.

"Sorry." Emily said blushing, she was only now realizing that he only had pajama pants on. She could see his chest and his muscles.

"Like the view?" James laughed, causing her to blush even more.

Thunder went off again and she jumped.

"Come here." James pulled her against him and she relaxed into his side. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

"Thanks James you're the best." Emily sounded like she was drifting off to sleep. She didn't even notice the thunder. All she could hear was James' heart beat. James laid her down on the bed and pulled the blanket over her head. He kissed her forehead and laid on the floor.

~time skip~

Emily woke up to Sirius yelling.

"It's Christmas! Everyone get up!"

Emily rubbed her eyes and looked around. This wasn't her room. She then remembered last night and blushed. James looked good without a shirt. She mentally slapped herself. She peeked over the edge of the bed to see James sleeping peacefully. His hair was even messier than normal.

"Good morning!" He smiled when he saw her causing her heart to skip a beat.

"You could've had me sleep on the floor. Or put me back in my room."

"It's alright. Why don't we open presents?"

"Okay." James pulled a shirt on and they went downstairs.

"Finally, mum said we couldn't open any without you two." Sirius complained.

"Emily, why don't you open yours from your parents first?" Nora handed her the box and Emily opened it.

"About 100 chocolate frogs." Emily laughed. "You mention once that they taste good and all of a sudden you have a bunch."

"If you get any duplicates, give them to me." Sirius said.

"Where are Mum and dad?" James asked.

"They ran to the store. Said open the presents when we want as long as we are all here."

"James this one's yours." Sirius handed him a present and he opened it. He smiled.

"Prank set from Remus."

They all took turns opening presents. The last present was to Emily.

"From a secret admirer." Emily read confused.

"Oooh." The girls said in unison. James looked ready to punch someone. Emily was just staring at the box shocked.

"Open it." Sirius said.

She opened it and pulled out a hoodie with the Gryffindor crest on it. A note was in the bottoms of the box.

'Dear Emily,

It's us! The girls. We thought this would be an amazing way to make James jealous. Pretend we said something really sweet. Sigh and hold the letter to your chest, then pull the hoodie on and breathe in the scent. If you don't we will tell James you like him. Love your besties!'

Emily stared at the letter. She then began to smile hugely. She loves her best friends. She did as the letter said and noticed James grind his teeth and clench his fist. Her smile got even bigger.

"Whoever wrote this is the sweetest."

"Whatever." James left the room. An ounce of hope creeped its way into Emily's heart. She hated to hope for something. If she didn't hope then she couldn't be let down, but for once she hoped. Maybe she did have a chance.