Chapter 1-Crushed

"What do you guys think Lily will say to me this time?" James asked the other Marauders and Emily.

"Probably the exact same thing as always. 'No you stupid arrogant toe rag.'" Emily mocked Lily and swung her feet onto James' lap.

James glared at her and threw her feet off. "She might finally say yes."

"You've been trying for 5 years now." She replied dryly.

"You know what they say, 6th times the charm." James smirked.

"It's already too late for the sixth time. You ask her every week." Sirius said. He reached over to the window and wiped away the drawing that Peter was doing.

"Hey!"

"Leave Peter alone Sirius!" Remus smacked his arm.

"This year is my year, I'm telling you."

"Why are you so obsessed with her anyways? She's not that great." Emily was lying through her teeth. She believed that Lily was amazing, that's why she had absolutely no chance.

"Not that great?!" James stood up but fell right back down when the train jerked. "She's perfect! She's beautiful, kind and smart. I could go on for days!" Emily felt a pang in her heart.

"Yeah whatever, I'm gonna go find Marisa." Emily stood up and left. She walked along the corridor peeking into each compartment hoping to find her friend.

"Hey 'Em!" Emily turned around and finally spotted her best friend.

"Marisa!" They shared a hug and went to a compartment.

"Hey Emily." Nora greeted when she walked in.

"Hey Nora." She sat down across from Julian who had his nose buried in a book.

"Hey Jules."

"Hey." He mumbled not even bothering to glance up.

"Honestly, This is why he's in Ravenclaw." Nora asked, causing Julian to kick her. "Ow!"

"Yes and he's perfect for it. No one else can be."

"There can be more than one Ravenclaw." Marisa replied.

"Not in this friend group. One Hufflepuff, Marisa, one Ravenclaw, Julian, one Slytherin, Nora, and one Gryffindor, me."

"We already know that." Julian said.

"That's why your in Ravenclaw." Marisa mumbled.

"Moving on." Nora said. "How is the whole James thing?"

"Stupid. He's still obsessed with Lily."

"Why don't you just move on?" Nora asked.

"That's not possible, I've already tried."

Before they could continue their conversation the compartment door slid open. They all looked over to see a red head standing there. Emily rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"Hey river can I talk to you?" She asked.

"No." Emily glared at her.

"Please? I know you don't like me but I really need your help!"

"Anything you want to say to her you can say to us." Nora said glaring. Lily glared right back.

"They're going to hear it in the end anyways." Emily said.

"Fine, I need your help getting James to quit asking me out. You guys have been friends since you were little."

"Why don't you just agree to go out with him?" Emily asked, feeling jealous.

"Because he's annoying, and an arrogant toe rag. He's also a bully." Emily was standing and had whipped out her wand faster than you could say quidditch.

"Don't you ever insult James Potter again or I'll hex you." She growled pointing the wand at her.

"Hey Evans! I was wondering if-what is going on here?" James asked as he spotted the girls. "Emily!" He grabbed her wand and gently pushed her away from Lily. "Lily, are you okay?" Worry filled his eyes as he studied her.

"I'm fine." Lily walked away as fast as she could.

"Why would you do that Emily? You know how I feel about Lily."

"Whatever, it's not like I hurt her."

"If Lily doesn't go out with me it'll be your fault." Emily could feel tears threatening to fall.

"You don't know the whole story, Potter. Stop acting like Emily did anything wrong. She was defending you." Julian had finally shut his book.

"It's fine Jules. You don't need to defend me. James clearly values her over me. It's not like I've been his friend since we were four."

Nora shoved James out of the compartment and they all hugged Emily.

"I'm fine guys." She said as tears started to fall.

"Right and I'm Brandon Sanderson." Julian said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Who's Brandon Sanderson?" Marisa asked.

"Only the greatest author ever!" Julian responded, causing Emily to laugh. "There's that smile that we love."

"Thanks Jules."