Rine's Legacy and Continued Fight for Rights

"My legacy lives on," Rine declares, "I am a symbol of the fight for equality and freedom." The story brings to light that even though the clones have made progress, discrimination and prejudice still exists in society. "We must not let our guard down," Rine reminds the readers. "The fight for our rights is ongoing, and it is the responsibility of all to work towards creating a fair and just society for all."

Rine begins by showing pictures of the clones. She points out how beautiful they are, describing the differences between human and clone alike, explaining what makes them human and what doesn't. She describes their personalities, their strengths and weaknesses, and then she describes what she wants to become: a strong, intelligent, caring, and compassionate human. She explains that she would like to make sure that this happens. That is, that every single one of the clones would be given some kind of opportunity. Some would find it hard at first, and others would struggle and doubt themselves at times, but eventually they would discover a way to overcome that, and then they would lead normal and happy lives in the world outside the lab.

She goes into detail regarding the process that would determine their genetic makeup and how they would develop. It isn't until the end of the chapter that we're able to meet the real Rine, the Rine that had been locked up for so long and tortured. For the rest of the chapter, we only see glimpses of her. First we hear a few of her questions, which are answered by Doctor Larson. We learn more about her and the history of her imprisonment and the fact that she was originally a human like the rest of the clones. Then, she talks about her time spent working in the lab as a researcher, an analyst, and a programmer; a programmer because she worked with computers, analyzing software, designing code, and creating programs, and a programmer because they are programmed to work on programming and coding. We then see the clone's memories of the days spent within the confines of the lab while her memories were stolen; memories taken from her mind in order to make her a cyborg clone. At the end, we see an image of Rine, wearing a white lab coat and a black mask, and she has her right hand covered with plastic gloves. This is a picture of Rine during one of the early stages of her research and development. In it, she appears very confident and in control. Her eyes shine and her face reflects a calm and collected expression of determination.

Next are images of the clones' training. The clones are shown doing various exercises. Some have their eyes closed, others are stretching and rolling their shoulders, others are standing completely still, others are squatting, some are walking, some are jumping, some are performing tricks, and some are dancing.

"Each time I eye at a clone, I think of you," she says to the camera. "You are my motivation to continue working hard in my studies, my motivation for getting strong and making you all stronger. You inspire me. You motivate me to do my job. You will be my inspiration for what to do next."

It turns out Rine can manipulate her body in a way to improve her agility and strength. There are also exercises that show how fast she can run when she is moving quickly and running away.

"You've got the ability to be faster than you'd ever imagine and even quicker than a human could move! You can sprint and even accelerate to almost impossible speeds! You know what's really cool about you? Well...it turns out your brain works better at such speeds, much faster than humans can. Do you believe this?"

"Of course!"

"Well, let me explain how and why. Your brain is not going to work at any speed faster than that of human beings if you are thinking very logically. It won't allow it. Instead, your brain will work differently, in a different way. Your brain needs to stay focused and slow down its movements, which means slowing down in a way that allows it to focus on what's going on around it and keep track of everything that happens around it, instead of trying to do all that stuff at once. Now, I'll give you a demonstration."