-Chapter 14: Don't Leave Me Again-

Y/N pov

I open my eyes, roaring as I hold the ember in my fingers. This ends now.

I fly up, listening to the cheers and hollers of my friends below as I fly to level myself to the roof. "Oh, Y/N! How nice of you to join us." Audrey says, grinning as she holds Celia with her arm around her neck. I growl in response, making the girl laugh. "Ooooh. So scary." She jokes, shaking her head. "What can you even do, huh?" She asks, clearly unaware of us re-igniting the ember. I swoop down, knocking her off her feet as Celia retreats to the corner of the room.

"Fine." Audrey says before shooting a beam at me, which I counter with the ember. The clash of pink with blue glows brightly, illuminating the forest around us as we glare at each other. "The kingdom..." She grits out, fighting my magic. "Auradon..." She continues as my power pushes against hers. "Should have been mine!" She adds. My magic pushes, advancing and getting closer to the sceptre. "Mal took it away from me....You made it worse." She says, fighting back. "I can't disappoint my family again." She adds.

As much as I feel bad for the pressure she has in her family, she did too much damage. I mean, her family is probably asleep or turned to stone right now. I roar, focusing as my magic makes its way to the sceptre, blasting her backwards as she shouts. In a bright flash, Audrey lays on the floor, unconscious as Celia is safe. Mal runs up to the roof from inside as I concentrate to transform back. "Mal!" Celia says, hugging her. "It's okay. I've got you." She says in response.

I land on the roof, now on two feet and no wings. "Y/N!" Celia says, hugging me. I hug the girl back, watching as Mal makes her way to Audrey. "Audrey?" She asks, kneeling down and placing two fingers on her pulse point. "Oh no..." She says, looking at me. "She's going." She adds. I sigh, feeling conflicted. "I...." I start, thinking.

You're only half Hades.

The ember won't do everything for you that it does for me.

I have an idea.

"We have to get Audrey to her dorm." I say, making Mal nod. Together, we haul her downstairs where Harry, being the gentleman he is, offers to carry her for us. "These muscles ain't for nothing." He says, grinning as he hauls her over his shoulder.

"We'll go to her room. Put her there while we figure out our next steps." I say, making them nod. Before I turn, I see Uma grin. "I'm going to quote Celia." She says, making me more confused. "What?" I ask. She just laughs, winking at me. "Ahem... 'Hey, there's your bae'" She says, making me turn to see Evie and the others walking towards us. "Evie!" I shout, running to her and hugging her tightly. "Y/N!" She shouts back, wrapping her arms around me.

I pull back, looking into her eyes as I pull her in and smash my lips against hers. The warmth flooding against me as we kiss, the feeling of her soft lips against mine. I'm so glad they're back. The cold stone just wasn't it.

"Did we-" She begins as I nod. "You turned to stone." I say, letting a few tears slip. She reaches up, wiping my tears with the pad of her thumb. "Your face..." She says, tracing over the bruise that had formed over how harshly Audrey had dragged me over. Along with the bump on my head from where she had whacked me. "Audrey." I say, making her nod. She kisses the bruise lightly, holding my head as I bury my face into the crook of her neck. "I love you so much, E." I mumble, hugging her tightly. "I love you too, Y/N." She says, not letting go.

I pull back, kissing her lips once more, mumbling into the kiss. "Don't leave me again." I say. She chuckles, pulling back and resting her forehead on mine. "Don't plan to." She says.

I hear someone clear their throat beside us and turn my head to see everyone looking at us, smiling. "As cute as this is, Audrey's dying." Mal says, nodding to Harry where the girl is. "Right. Let's go." I say, nodding and taking Evie's hand, pulling her with me to Audrey's dorm.

___________________

Once in the dorm, we all sit around the room, trying our best to get Audrey back.

"She's slipping away." Mal says. I nod, clutching Evie's hand as I sit on the armrest of the chair she's on. "We can't do much now." Ben says, sighing. "Actually..." I say, standing. "There is only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this....and that's Hades." I say.

Ben looks at me, tilting his head. "He wouldn't do it." He says. I chuckle. "Remember the rumours about me?" I ask him, making him think back to when I first arrived. "Uh, yeah? Which one?" He asks before lifting his hand and counting off the rumours he remembers.

"You murdered 5 people on the Isle"

"No"

"You bullied Dragon Hall's teacher's to give specific people homework."

"No, but that's funny."

"You dated everyone in your gang, minus Mal."

"What? No! I mean, minus now I'm with Evie."

"You locked people you hate in your home's dungeon until they pledge their loyalty."

"....What on earth?"

"You're not actually Maleficent's daughter?"

"No, but close..."

"Uhhh....Your father is Hades?" He asks.

"Yes! Finally, geez." I say, laughing. I turn to see everyone else laughing because they all knew my back then. The rumours that Auradonians make are funny. "Wait, so he is your dad?" Ben clarifies. I nod, shrugging. "He left when I was a baby." I say, sighing. Ben nods slowly, thinking before speaking. "Well, I'll have to send guards to get him." He says, going to call guards.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride." Uma butts in, making us all look at her. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it." She adds, making us nod. Harry grins, resting his arm on Uma's shoulders. "Well, then, you will need your first mate." He says, grinning wickedly. I laugh, nodding. "You'd be doing the job I can't." I say, frowning. Uma lays her hand on my shoulder, smiling at me. "Hey, you're protecting us on this side of the water. I'll do the physical part on the other side." She says before hugging me. "But keep in touch. Don't leave me again." She says, making me nod and release from the hug. "Never."

"The Isle will be in very good hands." Mal says, smiling now. "Can I go too?" Celia asks, peeking out from behind Jay. Evie looks at the girl, tilting her head in confusion. "I wish I could be in both places." She says. But we know she loves her father. And if it's permanent...then she'd prefer to stay there.

Mal stands, walking to Uma and holding her hand out. "I really think that Y/N and Evie were right. And....I do think that we could've been friends." She says. Uma rolls her eyes, taking my sister's hand and pulling her into a hug. "Let's say...we are friends now."

Once they finish hugging, Mal turns to the rest of us. "And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserved so much better than that." She says, a tear slipping. One by one, the others speak. "I think....I understand where you came from." Carlos says, petting Dude. "But I think that maybe next time, don't lie to us." Jay adds, nodding. "You were just trying to do the right thing." Evie says, sighing and standing. "But I know that you'd never do it again." She adds. "It hurt that you lied, and it hurt that you continued to lie until it was revealed by accident." She continues before looking at me. "But I think out of all of us, you have to apologise to Y/N the most." She says, holding my hand.

"Y/N...I am so, so sorry." Mal says, looking at me. "I know I made the decision for both of us, I know you wouldn't have agreed. I put my position first without thinking about the consequences and remembering where we came from. We're all part Isle...not you Ben...and we have to remember that. No matter what, I should have told you, or ask you, or at least informed you after it happened. I won't do it again, and I will make it a rule that we have to get your opinion straight from you instead of through others." She says. I look at her blankly, trying to make her nervous.

It works, because she begins fiddling with her fingers and looking around for help. Once she looks back at me, I grin and step towards her. "I know I said things, but remember that by blood, you're always my sister." I say, hugging her. The others cheer and whoop as we do before guards come in. "We're ready to leave." The bulky man says. Uma hugs us, as does Harry and Celia before they depart.

"I'm gonna miss them." I say, smiling to myself.

"Don't worry. I have a feeling we'll see them again." Mal responds, smiling.