-Chapter 5: The Spell-

"Mal?" I ask, looking at the figure beside me who looks up lazily. "That's Mal?" Carlos asks. I nod, bending to look at her. "You might wanna think of a spell for that." Carlos says, unable to take his eyes off her. "There's no spell that can reverse the curse of the sceptre." I say, standing to face the others whose eyes are all trained on my sister. "Well that's a shame." Jay comments.

"Forget about me. Audrey's out for revenge and all of Auradon is in danger." Mal says, slowly. "What should we do?" Evie asks. "The only thing more powerful than the sceptre...." Mal trails, thinking. She then turns to me, pointing. "Is Hades' ember." I finish, nodding. "Oh, like he's just gonna hand it over, give them-" Jay starts before Carlos nudges him. I raise an eyebrow and Jay makes a 'oh' face. "Right. Sorry, I always forget he's your dad." He mumbles, only letting us core five hear. Celia is too busy looking around for Audrey. Plus, considering he left my mom and I when I was like 2 and never returned, it had always been a rumour. I mean, even the gang didn't believe me for a bit when I first told them.

"Then again, no one knows where his lair is." Carlos says instead. "I do." Celia's voice says, making us all turn to face her. "I'm his errand rat, I've got the key at my dad's." She explains, grinning proudly. She was high in the food chain back on the Isle. "You are coming." Mal says slowly, making Celia groan. "Mal?" Dizzy asks from in the house, peeking out before screaming. I immediately stand in front of Mal as Evie approached the girl and the twins. "Dizzy, stay here to take care of the twins. We'll be right back and everything will be just fine." Evie says in a soothing voice. Dizzy nods and ushers the twins away as I face my younger sister, who looks way older at the moment. "Guys, go get your stuff." Evie says to the others, who nod and leave.

"How bad is it?" She asks me as Evie stands beside me again. "You age beautifully." Evie says, feeling my hesitation. Mal nods in content as I turn to face my girlfriend with a small grimace that only she could see. Evie rolls her eyes jokingly and faces Mal again. "Now, let's just get you into something fabulous." Evie adds, making Mal nod as they both turn to head back into the house. I watch as Evie walks at a normal pace, clearly forgetting Mal is....well, slow now. "E." I say, chuckling as she turns to see Mal. I take one side as Evie takes the other. "Oh, yeah. There we go..." Evie mutters "Almost there..." I add as we slowly but surely make our way home.
____________

After bringing Mal to her room where she insisted she could change herself, Evie and I make our way to our room and she shuts the door behind us as I perch on the bed. "What happened?" She asks, clearly still slightly confused. "Audrey stole my crown and my mom's sceptre from the museum. She's all evil now and was going to curse Mal or I." I say, flopping on the bed. I feel Evie lay down beside me, cuddling into my side and nuzzling her head into the crook of my neck. "Well, I'm glad it wasn't you. Although I just wish she didn't curse any of us." She says, making my chuckle. "What? Don't want to see me all old and wrinkly?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. She looks up and smirks. "Not really. I mean, I wouldn't want this smooth skin..." She starts, kissing the area where my neck meets my shoulders in a light kiss. "To be ruined." She finishes, kissing up my neck and stopping at my ear. "But I'm sure you'd look just as good." She whispers, kissing just behind my ear, making me shudder.

She chuckles, sitting up and holding a hand for me. "We don't have much time now. Maybe when we get back." She says with a wink, making me smirk and take her hand.

After changing, we head down to see the others with our bikes all ready to go. Celia sits with Mal while the rest of us put on our helmets and rev our engines. "Follow me." Mal says, driving off with us on her tail. She leads up to the cliff where we had planned to run away last year. "God, the memories." I mutter, making Evie take my hand lightly as we wait for Mal to mutter her spell. "Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take us anywhere."