-Chapter 2: Down on His Knee-

I knock on Ben's office door, waiting for a response. "Come on." I hear, making me twist the knob and open the door. "Y/N. Great!" He says, nodding at the seat in front of him. "So BennyBoo, what's up?" I ask, using the nickname he hates. "God, do you have to?" He asks. "Yes, Yes I do." I say, smirking. It's not like he can kick me out. I'm officially queen, anyway. "So, you guys know about my surprise next week, right?" He asks, grinning.

"Of course. You think I wouldn't remember? My sister's getting proposed to!"

Ben is planning to propose to Mal before we leave to pick up the VKs next week. He had been planning this for ages and now, the final details are being put in place. "So, I asked Doug if he wanted to play the guitar for me, but he said that he thinks it would be more meaningful if you did it." He says. "I didn't know you played?" Ben adds. I smirk, nodding. "That I do. It's a talent." I say, chuckling. "So, will you?" The King asks with pleading eyes. "Of course!" I say, laughing at the relief in his eyes. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." He says, grinning.

"And, Evie's getting Mal's outfit done." I add. Ben nods, ticking things off a checklist. "Right. It's done then. It's all done." He says, sighing and leaning back. "I think it's time." I say, smirking. "Time for what?" Ben asks, nervously looking at me. "Time for the talk." I clarify, chuckling at his scared expression. We may be equals, but Ben has learnt to be scared of me sometimes. I mean, I can turn into a dragon, he cannot. End of story.

"You promise to support my sister, no matter what happens? I don't want a repeat of last year." I say, referring to the Isle incident. "I swear." Ben says, raising a hand. "And don't you ever....EVER....miss a family celebration." I say, smirking as Ben sighs in relief. "I mean, we make the best meals at Evie's place. Don't miss it." I add. "Alright, I swear." Ben repeats. "That's better." I say, smirking.

After we chat for a while, I head back home to have dinner with the gang and cuddle with Evie. This is the life....
__________________

Next Week

I wake up to feel a weight on me. "Y/N!" I hear my girlfriend squeal. "It's the day! It's the day!" She says, shaking me as I groan. "Evie, babe, please. It's..." I trail as I look at the clock. "Barely 7. Seriously?" I ask, laughing. "We have to set things up!" Evie says excitedly, rolling off of me. I sigh, stretching as the princess gets up and goes into our bathroom. "Jay is going to walk with Mal later and tell her that you got called for last minute Isle stuff and I had to deliver dresses." The girl adds, doing her morning routine. "I also left her outfit in her room so she knows to wear it." She continues.

She's really excited, and it's adorable. I get up, walking to the bathroom and standing behind the girl, putting my chin on her shoulder. "You're cute." I say, making her raise an eyebrow. "Yeah? Anything else?" She asks playfully. She reaches for her makeup and I smirk as she pulls her hair into a ponytail to keep it out of her face. I use this moment to attach my lips to her neck, kissing it. I feel her freeze and sigh, leaning back into my embrace as I kiss my way up to her ear. "You're beautiful." I whisper, making her shiver. "And you..." She mumbles, turning in my arms to face me. "Will make us late." She finishes before kissing my lips and turning around again, doing her makeup. I laugh, shaking my head. "Yes, princess." I say, pretending to bow before leaving the bathroom to get my outfit for the day.

Once we are both ready, I grab my guitar and we quietly made our way out and away from the house, walking to the school where we're supposed to be meeting. "Hey, guys." Ben says as he spots us. The front driveway where we had first met him is now decorated in balloons, banners and has a small platform set up. "This is where we all first met." Ben says, pointing to the stage. "Thought it would be sentimental." he adds. I laugh, shaking my head. "Cheesy." I mutter. "Jay will be bringing her into the building through the side door and I know Mal will immediately go to the balcony to do her morning search of the sea..." Ben says, leading us to the back balcony. Every morning, Mal would use binoculars to watch the sea, searching for any signs of Uma. Even a single tentacle that could be her. But so far? Nothing.