XX

Smut warning.

I stirred as I heard crying. I opened my eyes to see Steve at the foot of the bed. He was cradling matty.

"Shhh. Mamas trying to sleep and she's been working quite hard."

I smiled and sat up. "He's hungry."

He sighed and brought him over. I got him latched and sighed, laying back. Steve laid next to me.

I watched as Steve closed his eyes. He opened them again, trying to stay awake.

I kissed him softly before watching Matthew drink the milk. Steve leaned into me.

Three months since I had the baby. He had his own nursery and he was quiet for the most part.

Steve was tired though. He had been working constantly.

I watched as he fell asleep on my chest. Matthew had finished.

I carefully sat up, keeping Steve's head on the pillow. I kissed his cheek as I got Matthew to his room, burping him before putting him down. He was out like a light then.

I walked back into our room and got into bed. Steve hummed and pulled me in. I kissed his cheek.

"You okay?" I asked. He nodded and smiled.

"I love you." I whispered. He hummed.

"I love you too sweetheart."

He rested his head on my chest.

We hadn't tried for another baby. We had intercourse when we found time but it wasn't for the purpose of another.

I didn't want another until Matthew was at least done breastfeeding. I was tired.

Steve sighed as he held my waist. "I think I have to leave for sokovia again. I don't want to but-"

"It's alright."

He nodded. "It isn't war. So that's good."

"Always."

He sighed and kissed me softly. I held his cheeks.

"I love you. You go when you need king. It's your job."

He nodded and rested his forehead against mine. "I'm gonna get some good sleep and then I'll get ready for it. That way I can properly say goodbye to you and Matthew." He said. "And if you need help with our baby please reach out to a maiden."

I nodded. "I promise."

He sighed and sat up. "I want one thing from you though." He said.

I smiled. "Yes." I whispered. "Make love to me my king."

He smiled and kissed me. We were both tired, but we needed this. Last time he was gone for three months.

And he doesn't use mistresses. Thank god.

I helped him take off his tunic as he kissed me, his hands fumbling with my nightgown.

We got our clothes off. Steve held me close, kissing me still. I liked feeling his body heat on my skin.

I felt his hard cock press into my thigh. I pulled away and smiled at him.

"Fill me up husband."

"Yes my queen." He whispered. He lined up with me before filling me up. I sighed. A puzzle piece.

I kissed him as he started moving in me. He was desperate for touch, for love. We needed each other. Knowing this moment could potentially be our last was always a scare.

I kissed him hard. He moaned as I clenched on him.

"I love you. I love you so much." He said. I nodded and held in my moans.

"I love you too."

He grunted as I came on him. I whined as he pounded into me a few times before pulling out and finishing on my stomach.

"I'm not afraid of cum." I whispered. He nodded.

"I don't want to risk you getting pregnant again without me being here." He said as he grabbed a cloth from the nightstand and cleaned me up. He was still panting a little. Our hearts were both pounding.

I stared at him.

I didn't want him to leave. I knew why it had to happen though.

He could sense it. I knew he could.

I hummed as he kissed me again.

He pulled away and immediately moved onto his back, pulling me on top of him. I giggled, feeling warm on his skin.

"Sleep." He whispered.

•••

I stood with Steve, Matthew in my arms. Steve kissed his sons head before pulling me in.

"I love you." He said. "Don't forget."

I shook my head. "Never."  I whispered. He pulled my chin up and kissed me.

I sighed and pulled away. Matthew cooed in my arms.

Steve sighed and nodded at me. "Don't burn the castle down queen." He said, lightening the mood.

"No promises."

He nodded. "I'll see you later." He said. Never bye.

I nodded. He left the great hall, leaving me with my son.

Leaving yet again. I already missed him.