XIX

"Steve I can't do it." I whined as I sat in bed.

I was having this baby.

"Yes you can. You're dilated. You're going to have this baby. I promise."

I had tears in my eyes. He held my hand.

"Whenever you're ready, I want you to give me your first push." A nurse named Helen Cho said.

I nodded, holding Steve's hand as I started to push. Steve looked like he was going to pass out. I hoped he wasn't.

I squeezed my eyes in pain. I felt like my insides were going to be ripped out.

But this was it.

Steve held my hand the whole time. Through the tears and the pain.

And eventually, after what felt like years, my baby was born.

I heard that cry, and never before had I wanted to hear a cry more.

"It's a boy." Helen said. I cried softly, catching my breath.

Steve got up and helped Helen clean the baby off and put him in cloths.

"Matthew." I said. "Matthew Steven Rogers."

"But I thought we agreed on-"

I shook my head. Steve brought the baby over, setting him on my chest. He had tears in his eyes. His chin quivered.

The baby immediately relaxed. I smiled.

"I just had a baby." I whispered. "This was inside of me."

He nodded, still holding back tears.

I smiled and touched his face. "Our next boy will be Joseph. But your brother deserves to be recognized."

He nodded and kissed my head. "I'm so proud of you." He said.

•••

After a long nights sleep, and just spending the whole day with Steve and Matthew, I was ready to get my life together.

I had gotten ready. Word had spread through the kingdom that Matthew was born. Now I had to present to the kings and queens of surrounding kingdoms. It was a stupid formality, but it had to happen.

Steve walked in with Matthew. He was dressed. Matthew was in a little outfit, along with his swaddling blanket.

I put my crown on before coming over.

"Hello." I said as I grabbed Matthew. He stared up at me with his big blue eyes. He had a little patch of strawberry blonde hair on his head, just like mine.

I smiled as Steve rubbed my shoulders.

He was merely two days old, and I was so in love. I had never felt anything like it.

Steve kissed my cheek and watched our baby.

"I can't believe he's here." He said. Matthew cooed at me.

"Prince Matty boy. He's already a charmer." I whispered. Steve laughed.

"I love you." Steve whispered in my ear.

"Your majesties. The great hall is ready for you." Bucky said.

I smiled and walked over to the door with the baby. Steve followed.

We walked out, seeing everyone conversing. Steve and I went up to the podium.

"Hello friends and family, and royals from the area. It's great to see you all, and thank you for joining us to meet our prince Matthew Steven Rogers." Steve said. Everyone clapped.

Steve rubbed my back softly. The room was ready to celebrate. There was food and dancing and everything in between.

I went to sit with Steve. Tony, Bucky, Natasha, rose, Clint, Bruce, and Thor.

They all stood around us, looking at the child.

I smiled. And soon Sarah came over. Steve stood up and hugged his mother. I stood up and passed her the boy. Her grandson.

She held him and smiled. "I like the name."

"It was yours first." I whispered. She hummed.

"You made a nice looking one." She said.

I gawked. "Thank you." I said. She chuckled.

Steve held my waist as he came over. He kissed my cheek.

"He's pretty nice isn't he. Yeah my queen Charlotte and I made him."

"And it seems as though pretty soon there will be a second." She said. Steve and I smiled.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Having a child's not too bad." I said. "I'll do it again."

Steve smiled. "Slow down." He said. We all laughed.

•••

Steve watched as I breastfed.

"That's a weird process." He said. I smiled.

"It's normal." I said.

"What does it taste like?" He asked.

"Steven!"

He chuckled and laid back. "It's a good question! I wanna know why my boy likes your breasts just as much as me."

"He takes after his father." I said. He smiled wide.

He sat up. "Can I try it?"

"No." I said, my cheeks feeling red from the blush creeping up.

"Just a drop."

"Steven."

Matthew unlatched. I smiled.

Steve smiled at me. I put my tit back and kissed his cheek.

"You're fucking weird." I whispered.

"Come on! It's a good question! Besides I've tasted every other part of your body so..." he whispered. I shook my head.

He saw some on matthews lip. He wiped it up and tried it. I gasped.

"You're fucking disgusting!" I hissed.

"I couldn't even taste it." He whined.

"I hate you. I really do." I said. He smiled.

He pulled my tit out and tried a tiny bit. I gave him wide eyes.

"Steven you need self control." I said.

"It's sweet."

"Stop it!" I said. He giggled.

"I'm sorry." He said, still laughing.

Something about my Steve Rogers.