CHAPTER 4

" Ryu!! Come and play with me!! "

A black haired girl called out for Ryu. The 9 year old turned around and smiled to see her friend.

" Nora! "

She ran up to her friend and hugged her. Nora smiled and hugged back.

" Let's promise to be friends forever, okay? "

" Yes!! "

The two pinky swore and went off to play. Their days were so happy and filled with great memories. That was until Yiku came.

She had always been the same class as Ryu and Nora but she never really spoke to them.

A year later, the two friends were separated. Ryu was in the back classes while Nora was in the front classes.

That's where she met Yooin and they've been friends since they were 10. Ryu told her all about Leeseo, Minhyung and Yejun and even said to introduce her and Nora to them.

Yooin was so happy to meet them. But there was a problem, Ryu never told Nora about them.

So during recess, she decided to find Nora but the girl was no where to be found.

Then as she walked down the corridor, she spotted Nora and talked to her but Nora was different.

She was cold and mean unlike the Nora that Ryu knew. Minutes later, Yiku walked out there class and asked what they were doing.

Nora said nothing and ignored Ryu's existence and walked away from her with Yiku by her side.

Ryu watched as they left her there. She could feel herself tear up and her heart was shaking.

At home, she knocked on Junseo's room to talk about. She spilled everything to Junseo and her older brother listened.

He reassured her that Nora might have had a bad day and needs some time but even after that encounter, the two never spoke or looked at each other.

It was as if they never existed in their lives before. Ryu was torn and cried every night because she missed her friend.

Since then, Ryu had changed. She was cold and not her usual bright and sunny person. She was a cold and judgy person who'd watch people's behaviour.

She wouldn't even trust someone or befriend someone so fast. She'd always stick with Yooin regardless of anything.

Projects, test seats, notes, study dates etc. Ryu and Yooin stuck like glue but Yooin didn't mind. To her, Ryu was a great person that came into her life.

Months later, rumours spread that Nora was moving away due to her father's job. Ryu heard the news but didn't say anything.

She'd care less and didn't even bother to say goodbye. Yooin looked at her friend, worried.

" You sure you're okay? You know it's not too late to say goodbye "

The girl stopped drinking her sprite and looked to the sky. She sighed.

" Even if I did, would I get a decent reaction? She'd just ignore me like I never existed "

Yooin sighed and leaned her head on Ryu's shoulder. There were people or certain times when Ryu would allow skinship but that was rare.

" I know you hate that word already so I'll just tell you that, I'm always gonna be here for you. Can't keep my word but I'll try "

" I know, In. I know "

End of flashback

" Nora..... "

Ryu said in a shaky voice and began to tremble. Her brother panicked, shit, I shouldn't have said that name.