CHAPTER 12

The next morning

The sound of police sirens woke up the Kim family. Mr. and Mrs. Kim got out of bed and went to see what the matter was.

A very angry lady and two police workers stood at their door.

" Officer, how may we help you? "

" Sir- "

" Cut the act! Just arrest them already! "

The lady shouted, angrily. Arrested? Junseo heard when he walked down the stairs.

" Arrest? Officer, what is- "

" You still don't know what you did?! Ooo, unbelievable! "

" Ma'am, what is it? What is the problem? "

Mrs. Kim asked the lady, trying to keep a straight face. The lady looked at her, furiously.

" First, you don't even remember your own friend. Then, you blame my daughter for your daughter's accidents. Now, you slap my daughter behind my back for things she never did. IT WAS ALL FATE! "

Mrs. Seo yelled as the policewoman pulled her out the door. Mrs. Kim stood there shocked, friend?

Then it hit her. Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Seo were friends in college but were separated after graduation.

Years later, Mrs. Seo was invited to Mrs. Kim's wedding. That's when they had a reunion and planned to make their children friends too.

Years later, they gave birth to girls. Mrs. Kim's youngest child and Mrs. Seo's second child.

The girls were 3 days in different but they were the same age. Kim Ryu and Seo Yooin.

The two girls only met as babies. After years of school, they finally met in their 4th year of primary school.

They hung out and found out about their mother's past. At that moment, they decided to get to know each other and be friends.

Mrs. Kim just stared away, blankly. Mr. Kim asked Ryo to take their mother back to the master bedroom.

Mr. Kim finished talking with the police and they dropped the charges against the Kim family due to the misunderstanding.

" Are you okay, mother? "

Junseo asked as he walked down the steps. Mrs. Kim looked at her children and then began to cry.

" Mother? "

A little voice was heard. It was, Ryu, who had just woken up. Mr. Kim walked up to his daughter and told her to get ready for school.

The girl nodded and did as told after Junseo helped with her homework a bit.

" Thank you, oppa "

" You're welcome, princess "

He was about to go down when Ryu asked.

" Why was mother crying? "

Junseo froze and didn't know what to say. The girl then figured it wasn't her business and went on to get ready.

Junseo apologised under his breath. He didn't like keeping things and lying to his sister but she wasn't much of a keeper.

She's very talkative even though she has stopped talking with the family unlike the past.

Later, Ryu had finished getting ready and went to school with her brother, Hyunwoo.

" We'll be out now, mother "

" Be safe, you two. Take care of your sister, Hyunwoo "

" Yes, mother "

Hyunwoo took Ryu's hand and they walked out the door to the bus.