CHAPTER 14

When she arrived home, her mother started asking questions about the accident at school. The girl just said it was a prank and brushed it off but Mrs. Kim wasn't having it.

The girl ran to her room and closed it shut before falling down and cried. Why were these things happening? Why was she so fast to trust Jimin and think she'd fit in? Why do these memories keep popping up?

Ryu felt herself get breathless as she reached for a doll on the table. It was a doll that had been gifted to her from Mrs. Kwon on the day she woke up. Ryu clenched the bear tight and calmed down. 

That same night, all hell went loose. Mr. and Mrs. Kim were fighting at dinner. They were thinking of reasons as to why their daughter kept getting bullied. It was hard for Ryu to have a nice dinner when they kept talking about things that made her uncomfortable.

" STOP! "

She yelled and got up, smacking the dining table. Her sister looked at her with a disappointed look and forced her to sit down. Ryu didn't stay there for another minute and ran to her room.

She locked the doors, got ready for bed and slept. She didn't want to think of anything that happened today. Thankfully, it was Saturday tomorrow so she could have a long time off the drama. 

Saturday morning

Ryu walked to the kitchen in her PJs. She could here her parents fighting in the dining room.

They were thinking of reporting and all those things. Ryu just sighed, can't believe I have to hear these on a weekend too.

She finished her drink and went up to shower and change. Once she was done, she hopped down the stairs to grab something to eat when she was called to the dining room.

The girl was nervous and had a bad feeling about it. When she walked in, her mother, father and Ryo was waiting for her.

Ryu took a seat beside Ryo and nervously played with her fingers. Mr. and Mrs. Kim gave each other looks before breaking it down.

" We have decided that you will move back to the UK with Ryo next week "

" What?! "

" Let me finish. I get that you feel mad that we didn't discuss this with you but we feel it's a better environment for you there "

" You haven't even let me explore the places here! I haven't even been able to remember anything yet! I just got to know my old teachers! "

" We understand that but we think- "

" Is this because of the accident? "

Ryu asked, her voice was wary and off. They were scared, was she crying? Was she mad? They didn't know.

" Yes, this is because of the accident and those kids who- "

" They're Minhyung and Yooin, right? "

" How- "

" Ms. Chaeyeon told me! Minhyung was the one who saved me that day and so did Yooin! Although I have no idea who they are and why they feel familiar, I'm thankful that they looked after me and I wanna stay so I can repay them "

" But- "

" I'm not leaving this place until I remember everything you've hidden from me "

The family was shocked. Who told her all this? Hyunwoo swore he'd never tell. Could it be...

The house door flew open as Junseo walked in with a panic. He was nervous and scared.

" I told her! "

" Kim Junseo! I thought - "

" I only did what she wanted. She never liked being lied and you promised you wouldn't lie to her, mother "

Mrs. Kim was flustered when she remembered her words. They felt like a direct hit to her heart.

" Kim Junseo! "

" Don't stop me, noona! The day when she woke up, that doll was from them. They gave it to Mrs. Kwon since you forbade them. I told them all about Ryu while you were in the UK. After coming here, I came clean with Ryu about everything. I'm even helping her to remember them "

" You did what? "

" Yah, Kim Junseo! "

" STOP IT!! ALL OF YOU!! "

Mrs. Kim shouted from the top of her lungs. The whole family when quiet, scared at the mother's words.

Mrs. Kim walked closer to Junseo, she slapped him across the face. She didn't even look at him and said.

" I thought I knew you better, son. You went against the promise. Get out! "

" Mother "

" Stay out of this "

" Mother- "

" Ryu- "

" Both of you, stop "

Mr. Kim raised his voice and they all stopped. He gave them all a look which shut them up.

" Junseo, I'm disappointed that you broke the promise "

" I'm sorry "

" However, slapping you and throwing you out is the answer. You only wanted what was best and wanted to help your sister, knowing that she hates being lied to "

Junseo hung his head, Ryu gave his hand a tight squeeze.

" Ryu "

" Yes, father "

" I'm sorry that we decided this without you. We should've asked for your opinion and what you wanted. If only we'd ask you, this wouldn't have happened. I'm sorry "

" It's okay, father "

Ryu nodded at her father and stayed close with Junseo, scared of their mother.

" Rina "

" Yes "

" Please stop this madness. You haven't been yourself since Ryu's accident. Please. Just. Stop. I beg you. We all suffered especially Ryu but lying and making her hate them when it was all stuff we couldn't control is ridiculous. You know that, right? Our daughter is big enough already and is okay. All she needs is support to get through her days. If we let her befriend them again, I'm sure she'll be fine. They have nothing to do in this situation "

Mrs. Kim just sat on the seat and cried. The family was a mess. Mr. Kim went to his wife and gave her a hug.

Ryo did the same while the two just stood there. Mrs. Kim wiped her tears and walked over to her children.

She pulled them into a hug and apologised for all she did. All she wanted was to protect her daughter from what had happened but she didn't realise that she went against her promise.

" I'm sorry for slapping and getting angry at you, son. You know how I am when your sister is hurt "

" It's okay, mother. I understand and I'm sorry for raising my voice at you "

The two hugged after reconciling with one another. The lady looked to her youngest.

Mrs. Kim didn't hug her but only ruffled her hair and patted her head.

" I'm sorry I crossed the line, Ryu. Will you ever forgive me? "

Ryu was thankful that her mother respected her 'no hugging or skinship' rule and smiled.

" I forgive you, mommy "

She said and gave her mother a bear hug but it only lasted 10 seconds because Ryu felt goosebumps all over.

" It's great that we all made up "

Mr. Kim said with a smile and hugged his family, patting Ryu's head. The girl didn't mind it and hugged back.

" Now that we all made up, how about we go get some ice cream? My treat "

Junseo said as he pulled out his card. Ryu immediately smiled and grabbed her coat. She was practically dragging her brother out the door.

" Alright alright "