CHAPTER 17

The next morning

The Kim residents was awoken by a loud cheer in the living room. The kids rushed down to check on their parents.

But when they got there, they were watching the TV and cheering. They all sighed and shook their heads.

" Morning, parents "

Ryu greeted them and her siblings did the same. The couple smiled and patted the seats near them.

" Why are you so cheery in the morning? "

" Well, remember yesterday's performance? "

" Yeah "

" Leeseo's father recorded it and sent it to Hanlim, the famous art school that you've always talked about "

" And? "

The parents shared excited looks at their children.

" You're creeping me out here, mother. Tell us "

" Ryu, you got accepted!! "

" I what?!! "

Mrs. Kim handed her phone to the girl. Ryu shrieked and jumped up and down when she saw her name and the word 'accepted'.

Her siblings were so proud of her and cheered with her. The whole family jumped up and down.

Junseo and Hyunwoo immediately told their members and Ryu told the gang.

'No way! I got accepted too!'

'Me too'

Both, Yooin and Minhyung replied. Yejun congratulated them on getting in and promised to take them around school.

Leeseo wasn't available since she had a schedule for a few hours but replied and congratulated them in between shoots.

" Ryu "

" Yeah? "

" The school said you can start school tomorrow "

The girl squealed and hugged her mother tight. She was so happy and couldn't wait to be there but all that confidence and excitement disappeared when Ryu stood in front of the school gates in a panic.

It was only yesterday that her mother told her about the acceptance and now she was a nervous wreck. Yooin and Minhyung tried to help her calm down.

" Come on, Ryu. You've been wanting to come here since we started school "

" I know but I feel so nervous " 

" Well, brush that aside and enjoy the new school. Come on, Yejun said to come to the office "

" Okay "

Ryu took a deep breath and walked with her friends to the office. They knocked the door and walked in.

Yejun, Leeseo and a tall boy was waiting for them in the office. The principal, Ms. Choi, introduced herself.

" Welcome to Hanlim, I'm Ms. Choi Yena. Mrs. Kwon has told me a lot about you guys. Let me introduce your guides for today. This is Lee Hyeonseo, Entertainment Department. Kim Yejun and Han Yujin, Dance Department "

The three students bowed. The other three did the same and they began discussing on what to take.

" So I think we've come to a conclusion. Ryu will be joining the Dance Department with Yejun and Yujin. Minhyung and Yooin will be joining the Entertainment Department with Hyeonseo "

The students nodded, Ms. Choi smiled and handed them the paperwork to fill in. As they were writing down, Yejun and Leeseo were excited that they'll all be together again.

After the meet, the six left the room and walked to their classes. As they walked, Ryu decided to talk to Yujin.

" Hi, I'm Kim Ryu. You're, Han Yujin, right? "

" Yeah, nice to meet you "

" Nice to meet you too "

" I'm Seo Yooin "

" I'm Kim Minhyung "

" Nice to meet you two as well "

They got to talking and soon their group became a group of 6. Yujin was a participant on a survival show.

Ryu immediately shrieked and asked if it was the hot survival show that was viral these days.

Yujin chuckled and smiled with a nod. Ryu immediately told him that she was a fan and that she had been voting him from the start.

Yujin thanked her for the support and couldn't wait to make his dreams come true.

Ryu smiled and cheered him up. Yejun watched this and he sort of felt jealous. They've only met for a short while but they look close.

" Yujin, I was wondering if I could learn 'Here I Am'. Could you teach me? "

" Su- "

" Hey, didn't you say you wanted to learn 'The Howling' and 'Melody' with me? "

" Yeah but I'm really interested to learn 'Here I Am'. We can do those another day "

Ryu said and continued to discuss with Yujin. Yejun felt left out, Minhyung patted his friend's back.

" Don't worry. She perfectly belongs to you, buddy. She's just excited because she's been dreaming of meeting one of the trainees from the show. Since Yujin happens to be one and one of the few that she votes for, she's just hyper and happy "

" I know but they're too close to my liking "

" If you were this jealous, you should've confessed long ago "

" Says the person who had a crush on Lee- "

Minhyung smacked his head and Yejun gave him a glare. The group looked confused but they just shrugged it off. Confused, the group just ignored it and continued talking.

Soon days turn to weeks, Ryu, Yooin and Minhyung were so happy to be with their close friends. The team was also happy to make Yujin a member of their group except for one person.

Yejun. From the day one, Ryu has been hanging out with Yujin in front of him. They'd either be walking to class together or stay back in their dance classes after school.

One day in the practice room,

" Ryu, I have a question? "

" What's up? "

" It's about Yejun "

" Yeah. Is he bothering you? "

" No, not that. I just feel like he hates me "

" Kim Yejun? Hate you? Nah, bro. You got it all wrong "

" Really? Because every time I try to talk to him, he ignores me. When I talk to you, he glares at me. Is there something going on with the both of you "

" Well, you know about my past and all the trauma we all went through, right? "

Yujin as he took a seat beside Ryu. The girl just sighed, she also noticed Yejun's behaviour but she couldn't help it. She loved hanging out with new people that sometimes, she forgets about her old ones.

" I like Yejun. Ever since we were little. All of them know I have a huge crush on him and I know he likes me too "

" So why don't you confess? It'll be easy "

" Better said than done, Yujin. I caused him a lot of pain during the past I left them so I don't wanna do that again. Besides, I only ever thought of you as a role model and a good friend. Since you're in that show, I just felt like to be a supportive fan and friend to you "

Yujin chuckled, he was relieved that he wasn't a reason why they were like this. Ryu smiled and nudged him as they both laughed.

" I'm really thankful for the support, Ryu. I'll repay you and other fans by making it to the debut lineup "

" I know you will, Yujin. Fighting!! "