CHAPTER 16

At the cafe

3 friends were waiting patiently at the table for Yooin and Ryu. Well, only Minhyung knew that they were coming but Leeseo and Yejun have no idea about it.

As the two walked in, they looked for their table. Minhyung waved to them and they walked towards that direction.

Leeseo stood up to greet her friend whom she hadn't met in a while when she felt as if time stopped.

She looked at the girl behind Yooin. Ryu smiled and bowed at her. Yejun got up too, he was just as stunned and confused as Leeseo.

" Hello, I'm Kim Ryu "

" H-hello, I'm- "

" Lee Hyeonseo and Kim Yejun, right? I know you but I don't remember you that well "

Just hearing the words 'I know you', the two walked up to her and hugged her to which Ryu gladly hugged back.

She mentioned for the other two to join them. Yooin and Minhyung jumped into the hug as they stayed like that for a while before Ryu felt goosebumps.

They laughed since the girl was still her usual self again. They sat at their table and talked about the good old times.

As they talked, Ryu began to discover more and more of her lost memory. Tears could only fill her eyes as she remembered all the lies she had been told.

Her friends looked at her concerned.

" Are you okay? "

" Yeah... it's just that. Mother always told me that I was bullied for being a loner and no one stood up for me. That's why we moved "

They were quiet. They couldn't believe at what they heard.

" But then Junseo oppa called me each day to meet at his company and as we had fun, he told me the truth "

" At first, I thought he was lying and joking cause it would mean the world if I actually had friends and wasn't alone. When he said that he was telling the truth and showed pictures, I teared up and was determined to find you "

" But didn't your mother find out? "

" That was the hard part. Fake it till you make it. I had to fake that I still had no memory or had no idea who you were but whenever Minhyung and Yooin saved me from Jimin, I knew it was right "

" So how did they react? "

Ryu took a deep as the fight of their family played in her head. Tears dwelled and fell from her eyes.

" They were shocked. Disappointed that Junseo oppa lied but I was more disappointed that mother lied to me. She promised that we'd never lie to each other "

" But she said she had her reasons and wanted to protect me so I didn't say anything further and forgave her "

Her friends smiled and gave her encouraging words and reassurance. Ryu was so happy to have met these four great friends.

After their cafe hangout, they went to Leeseo's house and played games. Well, four of them. Ryu just watched since she wasn't much into games.

It was fun, hanging out with friends. Memories of her past kept flooding in and tears just streamed as she watched her friends play.

Leeseo noticed that Ryu was quiet ans realised that she was crying. The girl didn't hold back and cried into Leeseo's arms.

She missed this. She missed the feeling of having friends. Although she had a ton in the UK, it was hard to fit in.

Mainly because she wasn't a local and the culture was different. Though she adapted to it fast and met good friends, she always had feeling of longing.

She'd call Dr. Kang for advice but she'd just say that it's part of the recovery. Even Dr. Kang couldn't find the heart to lie to her and just have her indirect hints.

" I'm sorry "

" Sorry? Why? "

" For causing you lot this pain. I didn't know how much it would have caused. You had therapy and took a while to get back on your feet because of me "

" I mean it's true, we did feel that way but what's important is that you're here with us now. The past is the past "

Ryu lifted her head. How could she have deserved such a friend? This was too much. Yejun ruffled her hair which made her heart beat.

" It's okay, fluff. I did go through a lot because of you but seeing you here and being here with all of us complete, I'm happy now. Don't cry, you don't look good like that "

Ryu sniffled and wiped some tears away. She got off from the sofa and gave Yejun a hug.

The boy just sat there frozen while the others started to tease and snicker at him. He told them to stop or else he'll chase them away.

Ryu pulled away and laughed. She was so happy to have them back again and she wouldn't trade it for anything.

Days passed after their meet,

At school, Ryu would hang out with Minhyung and Yooin. During the weekends, they'd all got out on study dates, game days or just any hangout times.

Mrs. Kim even invited them over for dinner. Their whole family came and Mrs. Kim apologised to everyone for all they did.

" I'm sorry for being such a bad friend and parent to everyone. I didn't mean to really hurt anyone "

Mrs. Seo walked up to her and gave her a big hug.

" It's okay, Rina. We understand what you mean and we forgive you "

Mrs. Seo said as the other mothers and fathers walked up and forgave them.

The five jumped happily and dragged everyone to the home auditorium. The kids got up on stage as they lights dimmed.

As they lights started to shine, a familiar song played as the Kim family looked to see their son on stage.

" Hello, everyone!! How are you doing tonight? "

The crowd cheered replies, Junseo smiled to his hyungs. They gave the people at the back a thumbs up and the music played.

After WEi had performed, another familiar group of the Kim family got up on stage. It was EPEX, Hyunwoo or shall I say Baekseung's group.

" Mother, father, thank you for all you did and I forgive you too. I love you! Kim Ryu, let's get it!! "

With the signal given, EPEX took over the stage and blew the audiences away. The crowd cheered and had fun.

EPEX wrapped up their last song and the lights dimmed again. A different kind of music started to play as Mrs. Seo cheered wildly.

IVE aka Hyeonseo or Leeseo's group. Leeseo smiled and waved at her family. The girls teared the stage and hyped up the auditorium.

Soon came the final event, Minhyung, Yejun and Ryu were on the stage. The sat on chairs and had mics in their hands.

" Are we having a good night? "

" Yeah!! "

" Well, all things have to come to end, don't they? So why don't we end the night with our vocal performance? "

The families cheered as mellow music played. 'Fight Song' played in the background.

As the unit started to sing, their families swayed to the music and listened to it with open hearts. With that, their night came to end.