Chapter 21: Advance Or Not To Advance? That Is The Question Part 6

I was stretching in the training area for the last part of the test. I was nervous to have to compete against Chase. But. I have to do this. I watched as Sebastian, Tank, and Lauren practiced. I looked down. I wasn't ready for this. Chase is my friend. And I can't hurt a friend.

"Alright guys. Let's do this," Mr. Davenport said, walking in. We all huddled around each other. "Okay. So, first up we have is Lauren and Bree." Mr. Davenport said. The two took their places as we all backed up. I sat on the bench thingy and Chase walked over and sat next to me. He looked over at me and smiled. I looked down at my shoes.

I wasn't really paying attention to the everyone's battles. I was more of preparing myself for my battle. Which was up next. I stood up and was about to walk to my place but Chase grabbed my wrist and pulled my back. I winced at the sudden contact. He gave me a reassuring smile. He knows that I don't want to do this. I know he doesn't want to do it. But, we both have to. I smiled back before pulling my hand back and walking to my place. Chase walked to his and we got into position.

"Annndddd. GO!" Davenport shouted. Chase started by throwing one of those force field balls at me. I dodged it. I then kicked him in the leg. He fell down. I got out a purple laser sphere and was about to throw it at him. But he grabbed my hand and flipped me. I landed on the ground in pain. Chase and I jumped up. The pain from hitting the floor, surged through me. I collapsed to the floor. I heard gasps from the people in the room. I felt something in my stomach.

"Dani!" I heard Chase shout. I looked up and saw Chase and Davenport sharing a look. Davenport nodded. Chase looked back at me. "Sorry, Dani," I heard Chase mumbled. He held his hand out and used his molecular kiniesis on me. I felt my head hit the floor. But I wasn't the reason for it.

I tried standing up, but fell again. "Okay. Um. The winner is Chase. Dani you really put up a fight," Davenport said. I stood up again and this time, I actually got up. I looked at Chase. I thought this would hurt him too, but. Looks like I'm the only one who is hurt. Chase looked back at me with sympathy in his eyes. I took a deep breath and walked out of the room, for some alone time. I just couldn't believe Chase. He acted like he was hurt of doing this, but he wasn't.

When I got to my room, I searched through my drawers until I found what I was looking for. My blade. I sat on my bed and hesitantly raised the blade over my wrist. I let out a little whimper. I then slashed the blade over my skin. I watched as the blood dripped from my wrist to the floor. I didn't care anymore.

I don't care about advancing. This school. These bionics. Or Chase Davenport.

{AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Well. This is the end. Sorry I did an awful fight, I just. Couldn't really see, a sweet innocent girl like Dani, actually hurt someone on purpose. And, I wanted there to be some drama. Hope you liked. Until, next week. Bye-Bye!}