Chapter 6: Leo's And Spin's Bionic Battle

I woke up the next morning, did my morning routine, and geo-leaped to the main combat training area. Yesterday Mr. Davenport made an announcement telling all students to come to the combat training area early the next morning. Once I arrived, I walked over and sat down on the bench/stage thingy. I looked around the room at my fellow peers. I saw Spin standing next to Leo. I saw Sebastian in one corner, and I saw the 5 girls that gave me a beating yesterday. It was now that I noticed that the one I accidently bumped into was wearing a black tank top with orange on the straps. She is in advanced. Great! I thought. Two of the other girls were wearing tank tops with green straps and the other two were wearing tank tops with yellow straps. I gulped. I had to admit. They were very intimidating. 

Soon Chase and Bree came into the room and said that Mr. Davenport was busy so they will be conducting the assembly. “Alright! Listen up guys!” Chase announced. “We’re introducing a new element to training: The Bionic Battle. Each week, two of you will be pitted against each other in a physical challenge.” “TO THE DEATH?!” Spin yelled excitedly. “Yes.” Leo told him sarcastically. “Big D built this multimillion dollar facility to train and house you just so we could pick you off one by one!”  “So, each week’s winner will earn points towards advancing to the next bionic skill level. And the loser gets… well… humiliated.” Chase continued before Bree stepped in.  “Okay. Spin, since you’re the youngest, you get to choose an opponent first.” Bree informed him. Gee, I wonder who it’s going to be…*cough* Leo *cough*. You’re probably wondering why I think this. Because Spin and Leo are rivals. It’s obvious

Yes! Scared?” Spin said, starting walking around the room. “You should be!” “No, no, no. this isn’t about scaring people, no one is going to get hurt.” Chase stepped up and told him, just as he got hit in the back with a basketball. Chase and Bree ran out to see what was going on. I heard Adam and some kid named Bob out there talking to them. The Bionic Battle huh? This does not sound good to me, I thought. 

I stood up and walked out to Chase’s classroom.  I sat on one of the blue chairs and stared out the window. My body stilled hurt. I just needed to relax a little. Just until the pain goes away. Or at least until it fades.  “WELCOME TO PARADISE!” I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned around to see Leo walking out of the hydro-loop carrying two bags. A girl that I’ve never seen before stepped out and looked disappointed/angry. “You said we were going to Hawaii.” The girl told him. “We did. We went right under it.” Leo informed her, and she gave him a look. “Leo, what do you think you’re doing?” Chase asked him, as both him and Bree walked over. “Well, since Big D is off taking care of his lady, I thought I’d invite mine down for a little island vacation.” Leo informed him. “This isn’t a vacation resort.” Chase told, and if not to prove his point, all of the Bionic Bros walked by with towels around their necks and they were hitting each other with pool noodles. “Leo, Mr. Davenport is counting on us to work while he’s away. Just help us out!” Bree pleaded with him. “I would love to help, but that sounds like a mentor problem, and I’m just a student.” Leo told him. “Ta-ta.” “Wait, you’re just a student? I thought you said you were a teacher.” The girl said.  “I am… hey, look, there’s one of my students now!” Leo said dropping the bags, and went over to Spin, putting an arm around him. 

“What?” Spin asked. “I’m not your student.” Leo turned to “his lady” and said: “Ah, children. What he’s trying to say is we don’t really use labels here.” The girl nodded, buying it, until Spin started talking again. “No. What I’m trying to say is we’re ranked by colors. You’re yellow. That’s the lowest.” Spin went from the girl, to Leo, to the girl while saying that. “Scraping the bottom of the barrel sweetheart.” The girl took offense to that. “Oh, I see what’s going on. You’re talking smack because you’re tired of living in my shadow!” Leo told him. “I’d be jealous of me, too.” “Okay, little boy, I don’t have time for your games.” Leo told him, and turned to lead his friend away from the area. “Oh, it’s not a game! This just got real. I choose you as my opponent for the first Bionic Battle!” Spin yelled. Everyone went “oooohhhh”. “Me?” Leo asked. “Yeah you. Unless you don’t want me to embarrass you in front of your girlfriend.” Spin taunted. “Girlfriend? Just to clarify, I’m not his… I mean, he’s not my… because we don’t like… like you said, we don’t use labels here!” the girl told him, and Leo made a weird face. I tuned out after that. 

*An Hour Later*

I was now back in the combat training area. I was waiting for Spin’s and Leo’s battle to begin. I saw Leo in one corner talking to his “lady”, who I learned was named Janelle. A bell rang, signaling that the battle was about to begin. Everyone {except me} started chanting: “Battle, battle, battle.”  “You’re going down,” Spin said, starting to circle around Leo. “I’m have to. It’s the only way I can see you eye to eye,” Leo said, now taking Spin’s former spot. Spin did his tornado thingy and knocked Leo down. “Ow!” Leo shrieked. “Now you can look me right in the knee.” “Now you’re going to get it,” Leo said, standing up. “You got nothing,” Spin said. Leo started to scream like a little girl and ran to punch Spin. Spin ducked under Leo’s arm, right before it made contact with him. Leo bumped into the bench/stage thingy. Leo then got out a laser sphere and threw it at Spin’s leg. He collapsed on the ground. I gasp. I know this is a battle, but, it just seems wrong to do that to a little kid. “Leo! What you do that for?” Spin said, holding his ankle. “To show you who’s boss,” Leo said, kneeling down on his knees. “Leo. He’s just a little kid,” Janelle said, running over to Spin. “He is not a little kid. He is three feet of evil.” Leo said. “Oh. What are you going to do know? Cry?” Spin suddenly started crying. I wasn’t sure if it was fake or not. “No, no. No, no, no, don’t cry. No.” Leo said, panicking. “How could you do that to him?” Janelle asked. “Yeah. I’m just a child,” Spin said. “Oh, no. That is my bit. Don’t you steal my bit.” Leo said. “Are you happy? You took down a 10-year-old.” “Oh, he is not ten.” Leo then leaned down and asked Spin: “Are you ten?” I geo-leaped out after that.

I was now walking around the academy. I then geo-leaped to my room and doodled in one of my many sketch books.