Chapter 2: Arriving At The Academy

*4 DAYS LATER*

I sat in the passenger seat of my father's red convertible. I stared out the window. I was staring at the hydro-loop. A bunch of kids were here. Not many parents though. I wonder why. "Are you ready sweetheart?" Father asked me. "Cause once you board that vehicle, you are starting a new adventure. A new chapter in your life," he said. Oh, great, I thought. He has decided to give me the new life speech. He has been giving me this speech for the past 4 days. I nodded my head. I looked out the window, and dacided that i was ready to go. I un-did my seatbelt, opened the car door, closed the door, and walked to the to the back of the car. I opened the trunk and grabbed my suitcase and backpack. I slung my backpack over my shoulders and walked to the line boarding the hydro-loop. When it was my turn to board, I sat at a seat by th window. The vehicle started to move. We arrived at the island in milliseconds. I stumbled a little getting off the hydro-loop. When I got out, I instantly drifted apart from the group of people also getting off of the hydro-loop. I looked around the room we arrived in. I think it was a training/classroom. 

The room was pretty nice. On one side of the room was a circular table with a virtual black board in front of it. At the back of the room was a table with three chairs, and besie that was two blue chairs. Behind the two chairs was a giant window looking out at the sea. The room was lit up by blue lights. It looked so techy and futury. I took out a school map from my backpack and took a look at it. I then placed the map back in my backpack and started to walk to the girl dormitory. You see. I have an identic memory. Everything I've ever heard, seen, or read, get permeatly engineered into my brain. It's not an ability. I had it ever since I was born. 

I eventually reached the dormitory and walked up to the front desk computer. I typed in my name and soldier number. Three pieces of laminated paper came out. I took them and examined them. The first one was my student ID card, the second was my room number, and the third was my class scheduled. I took them and slipped them into my pocket. But I kept my room number in my hand. I read it. The paper read: Room: 28 Floor: 4. I geo-leaped to the door of my dorm. I took out my student ID card and slid it across the doorknob. The door opened. Just so you know, everything in this facility was controlled by technoogy. I stepped into the room and looked around. The room looked like any other pratical 14 year old girl bedroom. I dragged my suitcase to the bed and dropped my backpack on the table near it. 

I started to un-pack. When I was finished, I lugged my suitecase tomy closet along with my backpack and placed them at the back. I walked over to my dresser withthe small TV on it.  I opened the first drawer. In it was a giant box. I ook it out and placed it on the table. I took the lid off and placed it next to the box. I looked at what was in it. In it was a uniform. I believe it was a school uniform. I shrugged. The uniform consists of a short sleeve black shirt with orange on the shoulders, black jeggings, and black combat boots. I took them out of the box and put it on the table. At the very bottom was a sticky note. It read: Put on uniform-Mr. Davenport. Well, since it was a note from Mr. Davenport, I decided to do what I was told. I went to the bathroom in my room and changed into the outfit. I put the clothes I was wearing before in the hamper in the bathroom. I adjusted my bracelets and my beanie and geo-leaped to the room I was in before. 

I walked to the back and saton one of the blue chairs. I looked around the room. A lot of students were here. They were all in their uniforms. Most of them had yellow on the shoulders, some with green, and only a few with orange. I wonder what all of the colors stand for. Hopefully it was something good. I then ooked out back out the window at the sea. It looked so beautiful. I saw a few fishes in the water. I envy the fish. Floating around in a peaceful habitat. Not a care in the world. I wish I could be like them. I looked back at my fellow students. Near the hydro-loop was Bree, Chase, and Leo. Mr. Davenport walked into the room and walked over to them. Now, I'm not someone who eavesdrops on someone, but. Come on. We all do it from time to time. I used my super-hearing to eavesdrop on them.

"Hey, Leo!" Mr. Davenport greeted. "Don't 'hey Leo' me! I look like a bionic bumble bee!" Leo said. "Hey, so what do all the different colors mean?" Bree asked. I was wondering the same thing. But I was sort of scared to hear the answer. "Mr. Davenport and I aseembled each of the kid's bionics, and the color represents their level of mastrey." Chase explained, showing them something on the tablet. "Red means expert. Orange means advanced. Green means intermediate, and yellow means beginner," Chase said. I am advanced?! In something that involved physical involvement. That's a first, I thought. Leo, however, was beyond upset. 

"I'm a beginner?!" Leo questioned. "Don't worry, I'm a beginner too." A small kid said walking over to them. He had messy brown hair, and probably the youngest one here. He held out his hand for Leo to high-five. "I'm on the same level as him?!" Leo asked in disbelief. Mr. Davenport nodded. "But he's tiny." The kid put his hand down in disappointment but masked his emotions. "I'm young. What's your excuse?" He walked away. After that I decided not to listen. I then walked to the main combat training area. My father said Mr. Davenport was going to make a big speech later in the day. I sat on the bench/stage thingy and looked around the room. It was just as amazing as all the other rooms. Some music started playing and students filled the room. I stood up as Mr. Davenport and the oringinal bionics walked onto the bench/stage thingy. 

"Welcome to the first ever Davenport Bionic Academy!" He said, and we all clapped before the kid from earlier asked a question. "WHEN DO I GET TO THROTTLE PEOPLE?!" He yelled and I blinked a couple of times. Wow. Ths kid was violent, I thought. "Hey! We don't throttle people, Mighty Mouse!" Leo informed him before Mr. Davenport continued. "Leo's right. You're not soldiers anymore, you're students. I know you've had it rough, and you're still adjusting to the outside world, but we're here to help. You see, there are many things here that will help you on your journey. This facility is here so you can train your bionics in a safe space and develop into the heroes you see before me," Mr. Davenport told us, gesturing to Adam, Bree, and Chase. "But, first things first. We have to get rid of your soldier numbers and give you really cool new names." Chase handed Mr. Davenport a tablet and he started reading off names. "S-12 you are now Donald Jr! Donald the third! Donna! Donaldella! Donaldina!" He said pointing at the students as he called out the names. Is it just me or is it weird that all of them are named Donald. I'm glad that I already have a name, I thought. "I don't want to be a Dnald!" The kid next to Leo spoke out. "I already gave myself a name! Spin!" "That's not really a name. Why do you want to be called Spin?" Mr. Davenport asked."Because I can do this." Spin told us. He started spinning around like a tornado. When he finished Mr. Davenport was smiling. "Alright, you're Spin! I didn't even know you could do that! You know what, forget yellow, you just moved up to green!" Mr. Davenport said happily. Spin was excited and Leo was offended. "Oh, come on! He twirled!" Leo informed him. "Mr. Davenport, I would like to change my name from S-3, to Sebastian." The kid next to me said. "Really?" Mr. Davenport asked. "Because I always saw you as a Julio."