Chapter 28: Dynamic Duos (Minus One)

Dani's P.O.V.-

I was in the training area, doodling in a notebook when Sebastian approached me. "Hello, beautiful," He greeted. I gave him a soft smile as I closed my notebook and put it down. "Mr. Davenport is allowing some of us to go out into the city, and I was thinking that we should go and have a proper date," Sebastian told me, "What do you think?" Sebastian is really sweet. I nodded my head, because it would be nice to get out of the academy for a night. 

"Great. So, it's tonight and don't worry about wearing anything fancy. You look gorgeous in anything you wear," Sebastian said, as he kissed my cheek and exited the room. My cheeks turned to a shade of pink as I stood up and picked up my stuff. Even though Sebastian told me don't stress about what I'm going to wear, I still needed to pick out an outfit. It's not everyday that Mr. Davenport let's us go out into the city.

.......

I arrived at my room and unlocked the door. When I entered I raised an eyebrow at the sight I was seeing. It was Spin. He was lying on my bed staring at the ceiling. I closed the door behind me loud enough so he would know I was here. "Oh, hey Dani," Spin said, with no emotion in his tone. I rolled my eyes playfully and walked over to the bed. I sat down on the edge as Spin stayed still on the mattress. I nudged his side trying to get him to tell me why he's so down. He eventually got the hint.

"As you probably know, Mr. Davenport is letting some of us go out into the city. But he won't let me go unless if I have a responsible person with me at all times. And no one at this academy is responsible!" Spin ranted. I gave the small boy a look as he returned it with a soft smile. Then he jumped up as if he had received an amazing idea.

"You can watch after me! We can finally have some Spin and Dani bonding time!" Spin cheered. I smiled at the thought. Spin and I haven't hung out for a while, but I have a date with Sebastian so I can't just ditch him. And I can't leave Spin alone on the island with Mr. Davenport. I opened my notebook and began to write down my response to Spin.

I would love to Spin. But Sebastian and I have a date tonight. 

When I showed my answer to Spin, I could tell he wasn't happy about it. "But you always have dates with him. We don't even hang out anymore," Spin protested. Guilt hit me like a boulder, but I can't say no to Sebastian. 

Maybe you can get Chase to watch over you.

Spin was even more upset by this. "Okay. So now you are pushing me away?" He asked. I shook my head once again, but it was too late. "You know what? Fine! Hang out with Sebastian! But don't come to me when he breaks your heart!" Spin shouted as he stormed out.

I bit my lip as I looked down. Maybe I should just call off my date with Sebastian to hang out with Spin tonight. But, things with Sebastian have been going well and I don't want to ruin that.