Prologue

Raizada Mansion

Half laid on his king size bed, Arnav Singh Raizada had just woken up to a beautiful Monday morning with a terrible headache due to the hangover. He was pressing his temple firmly in order to get rid of the headache as he groaned in pain. Few minutes later, he heard a knock on the door, earning a curt commanding reply from his side, "Come in."

A man in his late 60's walked in the room with a glass of lemon juice, he extended the glass to Arnav with a sweet smile on his face, "Good morning Arnav beta. You must be having headache, right? I brought fresh lemon juice for you."

"Keep it on the table."

Even though he got a cold reply from Arnav, the old servant continued smiling as he nodded his head and kept the glass on the side table.

"Don't forget to drink it Arnav beta. It will help relieve your headache," he added.

Arnav hmm-ed disinterested in the old man's talks as he took his phone from the side table, checking his unseen messages.

"Arnav beta.. I've a story to tell you today. Early morning, I left to the market to buy vegetables and I saw a little kid-"

"Kaka!" Arnav looked incredulously at one of the oldest servant of the mansion, the one who took care of him when he was a little baby. He pointed to his head with his index finger as if making the man understand he wasn't interested to hear stories now due to his nagging headache.

Mohan Kaka smiled apologetically as he nodded his head vigorously understanding his Arnav beta needed his space now, "Sorry sorry beta.. You're having headache and I'm here talking and disturbing you. I'll go downstairs now, do you need anything else beta?"

Arnav shook his head slightly. Mohan Kaka nodded, he reminded Arnav to drink the lemon juice for the second time and left from there.

Pulling the blanket away and dropping his phone carelessly on the bed, Arnav moved to sit on the edge of his bed as his hand reached the glass on the side table, he drank the lemon juice in one gulp, and squeeze his eyes shut as the bitter taste of the juice lingered on his tongue.

Once he composed himself, he got up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom. Today is an important day for him. No headache is going to ruin it for him.

************************************

Gupta House - Flat number 3

"Titaliya!" her elder brother knocked the door of her room sighing impatiently, "Why are you taking time to get ready? I understand it's your first day at work, but please be fast. I'm also getting late for work and I don't want to leave without seeing my sister ready to start her professional life."

"Haan bhaiya.. just two minutes!" he heard her reply and sighed softly walking back to the living room as he waited for her to come out of her room.

Khushi walked out of the room minutes later with a nervous smile on her face as she stood in front of her brother dressed in formal clothes for the first time, "How am I looking bhaiya? I look weird na.. this is so not me.. I look so mature in these clothes."

Shyam smiled as he got up from his seat and approached her, cupping her face lovingly, "I can't believe you've grown up so quickly that you're set to go and face the corporate world now. I still remember when I used to comb your hair and style it in braid, I used to iron your school uniform and quickly make breakfast for you to go school. And today you're here, getting ready by yourself for your first day at work. I'm so proud of you baccha!"

He kissed Khushi's forehead emotionally and she hugged him tightly with teary eyes, "Kya bhaiya.. you're making me cry on my first day at work."

Shyam broke the hug, wiping the corner of his eyes as he smiled apologetically at her, "Okay sorry. Let's talk about your look. You wanted to know how you look na?"