Chapter 26 - Jugnu

Finally, here is the update filled with revelations, surprises, and adorable moments of Arshi! Sorry for the wait. I was supposed to post last week, but I got sick and couldn't finish it in time. Hope you enjoy the update!

Shivanya - here's your late eidi! 😅. Now you'll have to cover your syllabus!!

*****************************************

"You're telling me that my sister is in love with your brother, and she wanted to help your ex-fiancé reconcile with you because that's the only way your brother would have agreed to marry her?" It came out as a question, but it was more like him trying to process the information Khushi had passed on to him.

They were seated in the lounge chairs that had been placed near her cabin.

Khushi nodded her head, "It was Aman who disclosed her intentions to me."

Arnav raised an eyebrow sceptically, "And you trust his claims?"

"You know, I don’t fully trust him, but what he said made sense to me. I mean, it’s obvious that my brother and Anjali have feelings for each other. They’ve never said it out loud, but it’s clear from the way they look at each other and the little things they do for each other. Aman and I used to talk about it all the time, and we knew that my brother wouldn’t even think about his own feelings or getting married until I was married to Aman. So, we were just waiting for the right time to bring it up. But then, after my engagement with Aman broke off, Anjali was persistently trying to persuade me to reconsider my decision and give Aman a second chance. Even after she witnessed his toxic side, she didn’t seem to care. She just wanted me to go back to him, and it really upset me that she was so quick to justify his deeds but didn’t even try to see things from my point of view. Now, I realize she didn’t want me to break off the engagement, as it would have messed up her chances of marrying my brother."

Arnav, visibly let down by his sister's deeds, sat still, staring at nothing in particular, lost in his thoughts.

Khushi, who had made up her mind to confide in Arnav about the reason behind her tears when she came to hug him, realized that the man she was sharing her concerns with was not only her genie but also Anjali's brother. She pursed her lips, contemplating if her words might have inadvertently caused him pain, as she was revealing the misdeeds of his sister.

"I'm sorry, Arnav ji. I understand that you had intended to offer your sister her dream job, but unfortunately, things didn't go as planned. I know this news may be difficult to process, considering that you were unaware of her feelings for my brother and her actions behind our backs to pursue him," Khushi conveyed her genuine concern and sympathy for him through her eyes.

"Don't be. Jo hua, accha hua (Whatever happened, happened for the best)," he stated solemnly, without sparing a glance in her direction.

"What do you mean?" Khushi appeared perplexed by his choice of words. It seemed as if divine intervention had shed light on the true nature of those she once held close to her heart, but the consequences of the unfortunate recent incidents were certainly not favourable for his sister. Not only did she lose Khushi as her closest friend, but the man she harboured feelings for would likely be deeply hurt and unwilling to see her after finding out that she teamed up with Aman to entrap his dear sister in a marriage solely for the purpose of escaping her family's control.

"If by any chance my father got the slightest hint about Di's feelings for your brother, he would have messed up her life mercilessly," Arnav said in a serious tone, "It's good that things ended up this way. And if you think about it, Di probably never truly loved your brother. She merely perceived him as a knight in shining armour who would rescue her from her dysfunctional family. She wanted to break free from the shackles of our family, and getting married to your brother was the only apparent solution she had in mind."