Chapter 2 - EX-PA?

Two hours passed by since her new boss assigned her first task as his PA. In these two hours, she did nothing but remain quiet and bored on her desk.

"What kind of work am I doing here? Just sit on my desk and do nothing! Will I be paid for doing nothing at the end of this month?" she wondered, sighing as she placed her both elbows on top of the desk and rested her chin in between her both palms, visibly bored.

It's only a few minutes later that she heard the sound of her boss's cabin door open, and she became alerted, sitting straight and swiftly keeping her hands under the desk. She instantly masked a composed look on her face and looked in his direction, anticipating a task coming on her way, only to get completely ignored by her boss who didn't even acknowledge her presence there and walked towards the elevators side.

Her shoulders dropped in defeat as she rolled her eyes, giving up even the tiny little hope that she would her move her tiny delicate fingers to do some work here in AR today. It's seems her boss is hell-bent on being easy with her on her first day. Is it?

He came back in minutes, and this time, she
decided she would pretend to scribble something on a blank paper instead of looking at his direction as it would leave a bad impression that she was following his every movement.

However, it seems her idea wasn't that good as she felt his feet halt at the entrance of the door, and she immediately dropped the pen on her desk and lifted her eyes to see why he stopped at the door of the cabin suddenly, only to get her heart skip a beat in fear as she realised he had his intimidating eyes fixed on her all this while.

She gulped, getting up from her seat awkwardly and lowering her eyes in shame.

He didn't say anything and walked inside his cabin. When he left, Khushi sighed in relief, rubbing her chest with her palm to calm her rapid heartbeats. "He didn't even scold me, and I got scared with just one look of his.. Hey DM, please save me from this monster.. Aman was right. He's indeed a Papa ka Rakshas!"

She sat on her chair with a thud, picking up her bottle of water to take a few sips, "What did I do wrong? He's not giving me any work to do, so I can only play with these pen and papers to pass time only. He was glaring at me as if he only wanted me to sit here like a statue and wait for his orders."

*****************************************

Their working hours ended, and it was time for Aman and Khushi to head back home. But today, they were going to Khushi's house first to celebrate her first day at work.

Aman finally managed to find a rickshaw available during the peak-hours rush in Mumbai to drop them at Khushi's house. He walked back to take Khushi, who was waiting for him, seated at a bus stop bench.

Holding her hand firmly in his, they rushed to the rickshaw, waiting for them.

"What happened? Are you okay, Khushi?" Aman asked once they got in the rickshaw and made themselves comfortable in the seat. He gently caressed her cheek with the back of his hand as he looked into her eyes, looking for answers. 

Khushi closed her eyes momentarily as if calming herself under the soothing effect of his touch. When she opened her eyes, she frowned slightly as she started to narrate to him her first day of experience at her work.

"You were right.. he's a Papa ka Rakshas!" she ended pouting.

"See, this is why I told you that you don't need to work. Me and Shyam bhai are there to handle our wedding expenses. But you didn't listen to me and went ahead with your friend Anjali's idea," Aman frowned slightly as he looked away, shaking his head at her immature decision of applying for this job.