Chapter 7 - Mannat

Mohan Kaka watches Arnav halting on his steps abruptly as he moves his head a bit away and shoves a peacock feathers blundle brought near his face to offer him blessings, he was highly annoyed with the person who dared to do that to him

Mohan Kaka held him by his arm, helping him to walk away and whisper to him to calm down as it is a common practice in the dargah.

Meanwhile, Khushi finally got a message from Anjali informing her that she would be late, so Khushi didn't need to wait for her to pray inside the dargah. Khushi made a sad face while replying to Anjali's message with 'Okay Di. I'll be waiting for you after I'm done.'

*****************************************

After praying inside the dargah, Mohan Kaka and Arnav headed towards a tree surrounded by grills with many mannat taalas (wish locks) tied to it through the thread. Mohan Kaka hesitantly showed two locks in his hands, gesturing Arnav to tie his lock, too. Arnav shook his head in no, gesturing him to go ahead and tie his lock.

He watched Mohan Kaka making his wish silently, pissed off by the people wandering around the tree and bumping into him every now and then to reach the tree in order to tie their mannat locks.

Khushi also reached there, struggling to find a space to walk through the crowd surrounding the tree. She finally found an empty spot, glaring at the man dressed in a black suit facing his back to her, who wasn't doing anything, just standing there like a lifeless body acting as an obstacle to the other people who really wanted to make wishes and tie their mannat locks.

 She finally found an empty spot, glaring at the man dressed in a black suit facing his back to her, who wasn't doing anything, just standing there like a lifeless body acting as an obstacle to the other people who really wanted to make wishes and...

Sighing and shaking her head, she held her mannat ka taala close to her heart as she closed her eyes, making her wish, "Khwaja ji aap ko pata hai (you know).. my life was going well with my Bhaiya and Aman. I was happy and surrounded by my dear ones, but then, I started to understand that not everything is as perfect as I had thought, my brother Shyam, he is facing financial difficulties due to which he's struggling to manage our household expenses and on top of it, Aman and his mother wanted to fix our marriage within six months. Bhaiya got worried when Aman and his mother fixed our marriage date, and this was the time he shared with me that he's facing problems in his business. He told me he needed some time, and it was then I decided to look for a job to help him. My friend Anjali helped me a lot in this, and I will always be grateful for her in my life. It's only because of her that I got the job as a personal assistant in AR. But the day I joined AR, my fairytale like life turned upside down because a Rakshas made his entry into my life. He literally threw hot coffee on my fiance's face..."