Chapter 6 - Arziyaan

Dedicated to: dipica13 🙏💕🤗

Khushi returned home, and the first thing she did as soon as she stepped inside her home was hug her brother tightly and sob in his arms.

"Khushi? Kya hua? Why are you crying?" Shyam instantly panicked while wrapping his arms around her protectively.

"Aap sahi keh rahe the bhaiya.. ye duniya badi zaalim hai (You said right bhaiya.. this world is very cruel)," she managed to speak in between her sobs.

"Khushi, please tell me clearly what happened. Did anyone say anything to you? You just tell me.. I won't spare that person," he started with the most soft and concerned tone for her, but ended with a dark filled with an angry tone, just at the mere thought of someone messing up with his little sister.

Khushi broke the hug, staring at him with her big hazel teary eyes. She held his hand, dragging him to their favourite spot, her room's balcony, "Come bhaiya, I'll tell you what happened."

*****************************************

Raizada Mansion..

Arvind joined his family at the dining room for dinner. He motioned a servant standing behind him to pull his chair at the head of the table so he could take his seat. The servant immediately obliged.

As he took his seat, his eyes travelled the entire dining room, yet he couldn't spot his son, which made him frown slightly, "Where's Arnav? He is never present at any of our meals."

Ratna smirked at her husband, "Oh come on, Arvind. You're talking as if you don't know what men at his age are up to."

"Well, your son is so addicted to his work that he seems not to see anything beyond this," Arvind shook his head as he remembered today's morning conversation with Arnav, "Do you know Shanaya Kapoor?"

Ratna nodded her head while taking a sip of her juice, "Yeah, of course. She's a supermodel and even took part of some fashion shows for AR as a showstopper."

"I sent her to your son. I thought he's going to have some fun with her. But can you imagine what he did to the poor girl? He sent her back without even meeting her for once. And on top of that, he came to my cabin to misbehave with me," Arvind spoke angrily, thinking about Arnav accusing him of sleeping with random girls.

"Woah.. Arvind, calm down. Maybe he doesn't want any distractions on his way, now that you've retired and there's a huge responsibility entirely on his shoulders," Ratna said, caressing the back of her husband's hand, "What did he say to you?"

At the question thrown his way, Arvind averted his gaze, "It doesn't matter anymore."

Ratna sighed, glancing at Anjali, who was having her food silently. She narrowed her eyes at her daughter, "Great. Your brother is working hard day and night to handle our family business, and you just sit at home, eat, and sleep like a princess. If you at least helped him in business, my poor boy would have time to come back home and have his meals with his family."

"If you let me follow my passion, then only I'll be able to do something in my life," Anjali said in a no-nonsense tone.

"Anjali, for God sake, open your damn eyes and look at yourself. You're a Raizada. You were born to rule this world, not to be behind the scenes and let another person or thing take the spotlight from you," Ratna spoke in a highly irritated tone.

"Exactly! People always remember photography. No one cares about the damn photographer. I don't want my daughter to face this humiliation in her life. I don't want other people to pose and show their tantrums while you sit on your knees, trying to find a perfect angle to take their photographs. My daughter will never do such a job in her life. I didn't raise you to be another's servant, I raised you to be a boss lady. If you don't have any interest in AR, then just sit at home and enjoy this lavish life," Arvind intervened.