Chapter 8

Lee Nayeon looked around the room. She sighed as her eyes landed on a particular pointed object. She looked towards Gyeong-su and started speaking.

"Alright"

Y/n looked at her suspiciously. She wasn't the type to back down and apologise this easily. Y/n followed her gaze and saw her looking at the pointed compass and back at the tired Gyeong-su.

Nayeon came forward and gently picked up the compass. She ran forward with the compass pointed at the scared Gyeong-su.

Y/n acted fast and caught her hand. She slapped the compass from her hand and punched her in the face. Nayeon's nose started bleeding as she fell to the ground due to the impact.

"Oh my god Nayeon your nose is bleeding. You are a zombie !"

Y/n mimicked her with her hands infront of her mouth. Nayeon tried to get up but Cheongsan ran forward and pushed the girl down again.

"You....tried....to....murder...him !!"

Nayeon sobbed as she looked at everyone. She stood up and started crying.

"I have no friends except Y/n and I don't need any of you. Fuck you !"

Nayeon turned around and walked over to the door. She removed the barricade off the door and turned around once again.

"Thank you for everything Y/n-ah ! You made me realise my mistake. Stay alive for me please."

She opened the door and left closing it. Wujin tried to stop her but Ms Park stopped him. She was about to go to the door but Min-ji stopped her.

"Don't go Ms Park. There are zombies just outside the room's door. Also I heard Nayeon scream from a distance."

Silence fell in the room as a few tears escaped Y/n's eyes. Nayeon's words replayed in her mind as she wiped her tears.

Everybody sat in silence. There was a thick tension in the air. Jimin broke the deafening silence.

"Why are we feeling sad and guilty when it was never our fault for anything that happened to Nayeon ?"

"It is our fault somewhere....we are somehow responsible for it."

"Nayeon tried to kill Gyeong-su and walked out of here on her own due to guilt. Where is our fault here ? You are saying as if we told her to do these things...!"

Y/n cut off the conversation between Jimin and Wujin before it turned into an argument.

"Let's not talk about it anymore, can we ?"

There was silence in the room once again but it was now a comfortable silence. Everybody fell asleep except Cheongsan and Y/n. He walked over to the blue haired girl who was looking outside the window.

"Y/n..."

"Cheongsan....isn't the moon so beautiful ? With everything happening around us it's still the same. Shining at us as if everything is normal."

"Yeah....it's beautiful"

Cheongsan said staring at Y/n's side profile.

"I just wish everything went back to normal. It's still feels like a dream.....a terrible one. I want to go to your restaurant and have your mom's chicken...! I just wish...."

"Y/n I know you are guilty for whatever happened to Nayeon. You are blaming yourself but it was never your fault and never will be. It's just realisation hit her harder than anybody thought. Y/n-ah, you saved Gyeong-su, he is alive because of you. You are truly an angel Y/n-ah !"

"Cheongsan promise me something...."

"What kind of promise ?"

"Just promise me !"

"Okay okay."

"You will kill me if I ever get bitten."

"What are you saying ?! Are you out of your mind ?!"

"Please Cheongsan....I don't want to roam around mindless like these monsters."

"I will not let you get bitten. I swear I will protect you !"

"Just promise me as a last wish...."

"O-Okay, promise...."

Y/n removed her gaze off the night sky and turned to Cheongsan. She laid her head on his shoulder getting comfortable.

"Good Night San...."

"Good Night Angel...."

Both of them fell asleep in an uncomfortable sitting posture too tired from all the things that happened in just one day. But someone was awake and looking at the couple sleep.

I am hungry......I want to eat something.....all of them are giving off such a good scent......Oh my god ! What is happening to my vision.....why is everything turning red ?

Min-ji stood up without making any noise and exited the broadcasting room before she could hurt anyone. She didn't want to be the cause of anybody's death.

Walking down the dark hallway, Min-ji checked every room for a prey. Black and green veins were now visible on her pale skin as her vision was almost completely red. She whimpered as her body started aching.

She came to the music room and slid the door open. She sat in a corner as blood dripped down her nose again. She looked around and her eyes went to a certain girl who was sitting in a corner and sobbing quietly. She stood up going to her.

"Nayeon....?"

"Min-ji.....?"

Nayeon could see the bloodshot eyes because of the moonlight falling in the room. She pushed Min-ji away from herself and got up in a hurry.

"S-Stay a-away !!"

Suddenly Min-ji fell down, the virus finally taking over her will to survive. She growled as her body folded in a weird position. She got up and snapped her neck towards the terrified Nayeon.

She snarled and ran to her biting her in the neck. Nayeon, with all her left strength, pushed Min-ji away from her. She hit her in the head and threw her from the window.

The now mindless Min-ji roamed the school ground insearch of another prey. Nayeon held onto her neck in pain as the virus started taking over her body almost immediately. Only one person in her mind.

"I am sorry Y/n and Gyeong-su. Stay alive !"

She stood up trembling and opened the music room's door. She exited the room and closed the door behind her. She soon fell down and started turning.