Fury

As expected, the lights were working well. White shook off the uneasy feeling that spread through his body. There were still a few hours until sunset, and as much as White wanted to accompany his brother and the gang, he somehow felt scared. Everything was ready. The car was loaded with lights and a generator. The bikes were checked and prepared for the ride. 

Settled behind his brother on his ride, he clung to him like a small child. Black didn't say anything, only patted his hands. 

"Time to go," Gumpa announced. The engines roared through the silence, and before White could say anything, they pulled into the street with Gumpa's car ahead of them. The road was almost empty due to the late hour. People were already at their homes or hidden in the nearby buildings. Those who won't be able to hide in time wanted a hideous end. White shivered with the thought and tightened his group on Black's waist. 

The group arrived at the building and parked bikes inside. The car stayed at the entrance, acting as another shield. They unloaded the vehicle and started to assemble the generator. White stood near the entry, peeking outside. He watched the last sun's rays before the moon replaced it. He bit his bottom lip, knowing what the darkness meant. His eyes scanned the sky, searching for the creatures. He couldn't stop his body from shaking. Screech resonated through the night, and White let out a startled moan. 

"Come here." Black's arm wrapped itself around his shoulder, pulling him further into the building. 

"I am sorry," White whispered. Now he realized why his brother wanted him home.  

"Nothing will happen to you here." He assured him, kissing his forehead. White nodded, griping Black's arm. He didn't want to let go, but he knew there was no other way. 

"Sean, generator," Gumpa instructed, looking out of the hole. Sean nodded, starting the device. The loud rattle echoed in the hall.

"Black, Gram, ready?" 

"Yes." 

White watched his twin picking up the first light, dragging it with Gram's help out of the building, and stretching the wires connected to it. His heart was racing uncontrollably in his chest. 

"Sean, Yok," Gumpa called the other two.

"Prepare the next light." He commanded. They got to work immediately. White felt stupid. He wanted to come too, but he was more nuisance than a help.  

"Can I help?" He asked Gumpa. The older glanced at him.

"You can stay at the entrance with me and observe." Gumpa nodded. It was not what White had in mind, but he appreciate the older idea. 

"They are coming!" Gram shouted. White's eyes widened when three creatures appeared not far from them. Their grey leather wings, big mouths with sharp fangs, and small black eyes full of fury made him freeze. He never saw the Hell Hole creature close up like this. Black and Gram stood firmly in their spots, and White couldn't admire his brother and the gang's courage more. The creatures were getting closer. 

"Now!" Gumpa shouted, and the lights in Black's and Gram's hands illuminated the night. One of the creatures roared painfully, stopping in its tracks. The light seemed to work, but after a moment, it moved again, more furious than before. 

"Not this one!" Black shouted as they ran back inside the safety. 

"Another one." His brother demanded. White wanted to protest, but the determination in his twin's eyes stopped him. They will find out which of the light were their hope tonight.