Gruesome

The painful feeling grew in his heart. Seeing his baby brother cry and run away from him was almost as heartbreaking as the time he had to let him go. And then Sean was the one comforting him. He felt terrible. Gram and Yok were right, though. It was all his fault. Black sighed, letting his head fall on the sofa's headrest. He closed his eyes, stopping the sudden urge to yell. He made White cry. The time seemed to pass slowly. The garage was silent, and Black hated it. The hurried footsteps echoed through the hall, stopping in front of him. 

"Go to him." It was all Sean said. Black looked at him, frowning. 

"You don't tell me what to do." He snarled but stood up anyway. 

"Can't you stop acting like a dick for a second?" Sean retorted, glaring back at him. 

"Not to you." Black snapped, pushing the taller male, making him bump into the table behind him and storm off. Even without Sean, Black knew he needed to talk to White. He practically runs into the sleeping area, stopping abruptly as his eyes land on the tiny body curled under the duvet. Black didn't know what Sean said to his twin, but as soon as White saw him, he pouted but didn't avert his gaze. He considered thanking that idiot but dismissed the idea soon after. 

Black shuffled closer, hesitating, before lying next to his baby brother, facing him. White was quiet, his eyes red from the crying. The guilt raised in Black again. He hated seeing his twin like this, and he hated himself more. 

"I am sorry," Black spoke up first. He tried to ease the lump in his throat, but White's sad look didn't let him. 

"I just want to protect you." He continued, though his brother didn't utter a word himself. 

"After all these years, I finally got you back, and the simple thought of losing you scares me."The words flew out of his mouth like water, and it was the first time after a year he didn't mind letting anyone see other emotions besides anger. 

"I know you aren't a small child anymore, White." He continued, looking straight into his brother's eyes. 

"Let me protect you, please." He finished, closing his eyes for a second stopping the tears from coming out. The image of his baby brother getting gruesomely torn apart by the creature flashed in his mind, leaving the nauseating feeling behind. The mattress sagged as White moved closer. His small palm caressed Black's cheek, heating it. 

"I am still your baby brother, and you are still my big brother," White said. 

"I don't want to lose you too. Let's do this together. It's us against the world, remember?" He added, connecting their foreheads. Black sighed in relief. 

"Us against the world." He nodded. 

"Just don't leave my side."

"I won't." White smiled.