Chapter 16

When they arrived Neferus wasn't there yet, none of the usual staff was there because Neferus had told them to go and help at the hospital. Zyrex went over and opened the giant window so Neferus would be able to just fly in and place the injured person down. It wasn't too much later when they heard the sound of wings zooming through the air, they looked and saw that Neferus was quickly approaching. She came in and placed the person down who was currently crying. They were small, probably a child by the looks of it, and their skin was pitch black, similar to the colour of endermen Xelqua noted, they also had purple hair that was quite short. Neferus grabbed a few things off the shelf but she wasn't sure if they were going to work on this person since she had never seen any creature like this.

Lysabel went up to the child and tried to calm them down but it was unsuccessful and the child kept crying. Neferus handed the child a small soft toy and the child opened their eyes. They were glowing purple and the child, who was now calming down looked around the room, they looked scared and hugged the toy tighter. The child's eyes lingered on Neferus for a few seconds before they looked at Lysabel, it seemed to be looking at people in the room. What confused Xelqua was how the child didn't seem to look at him, it was almost like he was invisible to them. The child then slowly started to open their mouth and said, "⍙⊑⏃⏁ ⟟⌇ ⏁⊑⟟⌇ ⌿⌰⏃☊⟒?"

The council members were shocked, they didn't know what the child was saying but it did seem like they were speaking a language. Lysabel asked, "Can you speak English? 𝙹∷ ⊣ᔑꖎᔑᓵℸ ̣ ╎ᓵ?"

The child just turned their head confused not understanding what they were saying, they looked as though they might be starting to cry again. "What do we do?" Xelqua asked, he thought he recognised the language but at the moment he couldn't put his finger on it.

The child then looked around the room, when Xelqua talked it seemed that the child got more scared. "Xel do you know why when you spoke the child freaked out?" Zyrex asked.

Xelqua shook his head, he was also wondering why. "⍙⊑⍜'⌇ ⏁⊑⟒⍀⟒?" The child asked.

That's when it clicked for Xelqua, the language was enderian it just was slightly different than how Astaria and the other watchers, the ones who made the alternate reality, pronounced it. He then remembered that he was still wearing the pumpkin charm and wondered if the child was part enderman. It would make sense why they had black skin and glowing purple eyes which matched with what an enderman looked like. It would also make sense that they spoke enderian and why they probably couldn't see him with the pumpkin charm on.

He reached around his neck and took it off and suddenly the child jumped up, they were now looking straight at Xelqua with a scared expression. "Xelqua what's that charm that you have and why did the child freak out when you took it off?" Cirrus asked.

"It's a charm that a friend gave me, it makes the wearer invisible to an enderman similar to how a carved pumpkin works," he explained.

"Enderman? Do you think this child could be part enderman?" Lysabel asked.

"It's a theory," he replied.

"The problem is we don't know what language they are speaking or how to translate it," Neferus said, "I also don't know if any of my medicines are good for part enderman children,"
"I don't think anyone knows the language of the endermen, I don't even know the name of the language. I have heard before that why they say is a language though," Zyrex said.

Xelqua knew that he would need to message Astaria, she would be able to translate and help with the right medicines, she also had the possibility of knowing the child just because of how many endermen she knew. "The language is known as enderian and I know someone who can translate it," Xelqua said.

"Could you ask them to come please?" Lysabel said.

Xelqua turned to his communicator and typed a message through to Astaria:

There's a child here I think is part enderman. They only speak enderian. Can you help?

It didn't take long for the watcher to get a reply back:

I will be a few seconds and will come through the window

He turned back to the council members and said, "She's going to come through the window,"

Not even a few seconds later Astaria flew in and landed beside the bed the child was on. The council members were shocked, they could all tell this was the white-haired watcher in front of them, the one who they didn't know Xelqua knew that well. "⎅⊬⋏⟒⍀⟟⌇ ☊⏃⋏ ⊬⍜⎍ ⏁⟒⌰⌰ ⋔⟒ ⍙⊑⟒⍀⟒ ⊬⍜⎍'⍀⟒ ⊑⎍⍀⏁?" She asked the child.

The child, Dyneris, seemed to recognise Astaria and said, "⟟⏁'⌇ ⟒⎐⟒⍀⊬⍙⊑⟒⍀⟒ ⏃⋏⎅ ⏃⌇⏁⏃⍀⟟⏃ ⟟ ☊⏃⋏'⏁ ⏁⟒⌰⟒⌿⍜⍀⏁ ⏃⋏⊬⋔⍜⍀⟒,"

Astaria then pulled out a bottle of purple liquid and gave it to Dyneris who recognised the liquid and quickly drank it. "⟟⌇ ⏁⊑⏃⏁ ⏚⟒⏁⏁⟒⍀?" Astaria asked

"⊬⟒⌇ ⏁⊑⏃⋏☍ ⊬⍜⎍," Dyneris said, but they still sounded tired when they said it.

"⟟ ⟊⎍⌇⏁ ⋏⟒⟒⎅ ⏁⍜ ⏁⏃⌰☍ ⍙⟟⏁⊑ ⏁⊑⟒ ⍜⏁⊑⟒⍀⌇, ⟟⎎ ⊬⍜⎍ ⋏⟒⟒⎅ ⋔⟒ ⟊⎍⌇⏁ ☊⏃⌰⌰ ⍜⎍⏁," Astaria said, rubbing Dyneris head softly.

They nodded and Astaria turned around where the members of the council were looking at her. They looked as though they were about to say something when an alarm was sounded, the council members all looked towards their communicators and saw a message from Via: More attackers! Help now

Lysabel turned towards Astaria and said, "You stay here with the child, we also need to question you when you get back,"

Astaria nodded, she was planning to make sure that Dyneris was okay anyways but if they needed help out there she wouldn't guarantee that she could just stay there, but if Xelqua called for her help or any of the others called for backup she would come and help them.

WC~ 1019 

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone or Happy Holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas. I hope everyone had/has (depending on what timezone you're in) a wonderful time. I suppose this is technically the last chapter for this year. See ya in 2023!