Chapter 2

This morning when he woke up was much worse than any other time. His ears were ringing and his brain felt like it was going to explode. He reached his hands up to cover his ears but it did nothing to make the pain any less. He didn't know why it was happening and he was tired of it, so he decided that he should probably go and see Xisuma to see if he could do anything to help him, but right now he needed to try and make it slightly better or else he might be stuck there for hours. As he opened his eyes he also noticed how his vision was also extremely blurry. He tried his best to walk over to where he kept his potions but he kept hitting things along the way, things he didn't realise he even had there.

After gaining a few bruises by the time he had reached his table he saw a blur of red and reached out for it. He missed it the first time but managed to get ahold of the bottle the second time and with what little strength he had he uncorked it and drank it up. The effects weren't immediate but the world seemed so much quieter as the ringing stopped and the throbbing in his head calmed down a few minutes later. He decided to sit down for a few minutes before heading out, he didn't want anything worse to happen while he was flying, even if he would just respawn again. That's another thing he had noticed, respawns also caused him to have headaches at least they were more avoidable than sleeping most of the time.

When a few minutes had passed he got himself ready for the day and headed off towards the shopping district as he wanted to check his shop before going on the hunt to find Xisuma. He made a good amount of diamonds and deposited them with the rest he had earnt. As he exited his shop he was prepared to once again take a flight to find Xisuma, but he didn't need to. When he looked over to where the TNT shop was he noticed the server's admin landing. Grian made his way over to where the admin was and called out to him, "Hey X,"

"Hey G, what are you up to?" Xisuma replied to the red-sweatered hermit.
"Looking for you actually, I've been struggling for a while with bad headaches and other symptoms whenever I respawn or sleep and they keep getting worse," Grian explained.

"What kind of symptoms have you been having?" He asked, concerned for his fellow hermit.

"This morning has been the worst so far, my head felt as though it could explode, my vision was blurry and my ears were ringing, so far instant health potions are helping but I'm having to use more of them," Grian replied, so what glad to tell someone what is going on.

"I can check to see if there is anything wrong with the code," Xisuma said, pulling up a screen in front of him.

After a few swipes on the screen, his face changed to confusion, "What's wrong?" Grian asked.

"I'm not sure... the code seems fine but it also just seems wrong at the same time," Xisuma said as he continued to look at the code, "I'll probably have to get back to you it might take a bit longer to figure out,"

"Thanks, X," Grian said, trying to sound somewhat happy but all he could think about was how he would probably have an even worse experience tomorrow morning.

"Sorry I couldn't help straight away G," Xisuma said.

Grian headed back to his base and decided to clean up some things, starting with all the empty potion bottles he had. He put them into a chest near his brewing stand, he also refilled three of them with water and started brewing some more, since his supplies were running low. He then moved some of the shulker boxes he had lying around into another area, he couldn't be bothered emptying them right now but if he at least moved them out of the way he wouldn't have to worry about them if he wasn't able to see properly in the morning again. He also decided to move what healing potions he had closer to his bed so he would not ever have to worry about anything in the way, he would just be able to reach into a chest and pull one out. He spent a bit longer just cleaning, not that it was necessarily needed but there was a different sort of calmness he got from it, and even though it was the reason he started cleaning, his mind no longer thought about the pain he experienced that morning.

A few more hours had passed since he had finished up his cleaning and he started again on his megabase. It was another calming activity that he could do to take his mind off of everything, and he had made some good progress on his base, none of the progress was made on the back but that surprised no one. Then he heard a small ping come from his communicator:
<iskall85> There's something wrong with Mount Scarmore can someone come?

<Xisuma> omw

Grian decided that he would take a break from doing some building, after all, he had been doing it for a few hours, to see what had happened, he put the blocks away in an ever-growing chest monster and flew into the nether to go to the shopping district. When he got there he saw a lot of other hermits gathered in the distance, they must have also just wanted to come. He flew over to where everyone was and looked up towards the mountain. Scar and Jellie's heads were no longer there, instead the wall was now flat. It was mostly stone except for one part, in the centre there was a symbol, it looked like two opposing 'L's' with a block in the other two corners, it was the watcher symbol. Grian's breath stopped as all he could think of was: They have found me.

WC~ 1029 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter this week. Weeks like this I'm glad that I have everything prewritten since I have three special exams things which across my country have a 2/3 fail rate - isn't that fun