Chapter 15

"Most of the buildings are still intact from what I can remember from the wrong reality," Kelin said to the rest of the group.

In a sober tone, Erin said, "But there were quite a few deaths that happened from conflicts over the three months,"

"We'll pay our condolences but we can not charge anyone, we all know that no one was in control of themselves," Lysabel said.
"Do we know if anyone else remembers the alternate reality?" Hayden asked.
That reminded Xelqua that he would need to see what the hermits remembered and if they in particular remembered him being a watcher. He hoped that if they did remember they wouldn't be mad that other versions of them found out first, and that they weren't mad that he didn't trust them enough to actually tell him.

"No one in the medical wing thinks that anything out of the usual, it seems as though their memories have made it so almost everything seems normal to them," Neferus said.
"On my way past the guard wing, I heard some of them talk about an accident where someone they cared about died. I think somehow, with some sort of magic, people are having memories of things that cover what actually happened in the alternate reality," Zyrex said.

The room fell silent again as the council puzzled over what they had just figured out. "So most of them, if not all of them, have no idea what happened it seems," Gryff said, putting his thoughts into one coherent sentence.

"It seems so," Lysabel stated, "But the question is whether or not we need to tell the public what happened,"

"Shouldn't we tell them?" Blaze asked.

"Well we don't want to cause mass panic, but it would also confuse people more. If everyone's memories truly do all differ from what we all know to be true then it could cause many more problems if they are told," Gryff said.

"Should we contact the High Leader and hear her thoughts on the issue?" Erin asked Lysabel and Gryff.

The two leaders looked at each other with an almost tired expression, "It's not that easy, we don't really contact her, she just knows when to show up," Lysabel explained.

"For now, unless she shows up, I think we should keep it on the down low, it's the safest option," Gryff said.

The council was about to deliberate further when a knock came from the door. "Come in," Lysabel called out to whoever was at the door as Xelqua placed his mask over his face.

It was one of the staff of the medical wing, "Sorry to disturb you council but there was some sort of attack that targeted all non-players,"

The council rushed outside to see what they could, all of the guards seemed to be in pain, and none of their injuries were physical ones but it seemed that the watchers weren't able to use their wings or magic and the admins reported that they could pull up their screens. This time it was Neferus who commanded them, "We don't have enough room in the medical wing to get them to the hospital building. Be careful when transporting them, we don't know what has happened so we need to proceed with caution,"

All of the council members nodded and headed off in different directions, the admins' jobs were easier; they only needed to type commands. The watchers had to carefully fly them over to the larger building.

Xelqua used his watcher vision to help him see all around his area. The first person he helped was an admin, who he found surrounded by a group of players who were trying to help. They all recognised him and moved out of the way as he bent down next to the admin, "I'm going to take you to the hospital. I just need to pick you up okay?" He softly said.

"Okay," the admin replied in a pained voice.

Xelqua carefully slipped his arms under the admins and held him as he took off into the sky. He was flying fast but not at his top speed, he didn't want to give the admin any more pain than what they were already feeling. When he arrived the staff had him place the admin onto a hospital bed. He quickly flew off to go look for more of the injured, this time flying back at his top speed.

He helped about another ten admins and seven watchers over to the hospital, the journey taking longer each time as he searched the parts of his section that were further and further away. It seemed that all of them were barely able to move, and the watchers weren't able to move their wings. It made them harder to carry but since Xelqua's magic was still intact he used that to move them slightly to make them easier to carry. Most of the people he helped were surrounded by players when he found them but there were one or two that he found by themselves. For the ones who were by themselves, they were in their homes, and without his watcher vision, he properly wouldn't have been able to spot them. He wondered at first if the admins were searching every building but as he was flying back from dropping off a watcher he saw Cirrus having players search for him as he typed in the commands to have them sent off towards the hospital.

As he had finished off his section he checked his messages and noticed that most of the others were also finishing off, so he made his way back to the headquarters to meet up with the others. He was the third last person there but it didn't take too long for Cirrus to join them so they were just waiting for Neferus. At the same time, they all got a message from the missing watcher: Bringing someone back not sure what they are. A few come to the wing.

"Xelqua, Zyrex, Cirrus you three come with me Neferus might need help figuring out what whoever she is bringing is. The rest of you see if you can figure out what made the attack happen," Lysabel said.

They started heading off towards the medical wing to see who Neferus had found.

WC~ 1036