Chapter 7

Xisuma quickly turned to type something on his communicator as fast as possible telling the hermits to come as soon as possible, he knew that where they were training wasn't too far away but with the number of watchers that were coming through the portals he would need help sooner rather than later. His hand was now wrapped around the hilt of his admin sword, but right now he couldn't attack with how far away the watchers were so he pulled out a bow instead but had the admin sword readily available to use when they got close enough. It wouldn't be as strong as his sword but it would hopefully draw them down so he could actually attack.

Grian had his netherite sword out, he still didn't want to be outed as a watcher to all of his friends, but he also knew that if it came to saving everyone and revealing himself or not saving everyone and keeping it a secret he was prepared to save everyone. He turned to where Astaria was and she had an admin sword in her hand, he never realised she had one of those, he knew that she had a normal watcher blade from when she saved him from Zoridaii. She then pulled out a bow as well, realising that she wouldn't be able to pull her wings out just yet, or maybe she just didn't want to put him into an awkward situation. Grian quickly chucked her some armour from a backup box, it wasn't enchanted but it would be more protective than being without it. She pulled out her screen and quickly typed at the speed of light, and as she did the armour in her hand started to shine. She was adding enchantments on herself with the help of commands, which he didn't realise she could use inside the server.

Soon the hermits started to trickle in from the nether portal, all decked out in netherite armour, all of it fully enchanted. No one wore elytra even if it would have allowed them to enter the air it would have made it easier for them to get injured, so chest plates were worn instead. They all had blades in their hands, all covered in the rare nether substance that made it so strong, all with the same purple glow making such that when they land a hit it will be the hardest it can be. Infinity bows were also with the hermits, with a few different arrows with effects that they could switch between.

"Hermits be careful," Xisuma started calling out, "Watchers have the ability to perma-kill someone even on an infinite respawn server. If you get too injured getaway we don't want any losses today,"

All the hermits were scared, anyone would be in that situation, but they knew that if they did nothing it would be worse if they did something. They started firing arrows up toward the watchers above but with one wave of their hand, the watcher at the front was able to create a shield. The watchers, keeping the shield up, flew down to where the hermits would be able to hear them, but still high enough so they couldn't reach them with their swords. "Hello players and admin, we only wish to have the one known as Xelqua so he can pay for his crimes. We'll consider leaving everyone else alone if you hand him over," one of the watchers said.

The hermits were confused; they didn't know any watchers called Xelqua, they didn't know any watchers at all. "What a load of ʖ⚍ꖎꖎᓭ⍑╎ℸ ̣. Whenever you come on servers you just destroy them no matter what," Xisuma said.

"Well you're not wrong are you," the watcher said as a grin grew on their face, he sent a weak spell that knocked Xisuma in the head, it only momentarily phased him and he held his sword at the ready.

The watcher flew back and started sending fireballs toward the hermits, and soon the rest of the watchers joined in. The hermits' shields, since they were mainly made of wood, burned, leaving them to have to use their blades to deflect the shots that were coming at them. At first, they were able to block but as more and more watchers joined in the throwing it became too much for their blades to handle and they started breaking under the pressure. There were small cracks forming from the tip of the blade and it was cascading down moving closer and closer to the hilt. Everyone could see it as the fear shot through the hermits as all their blades, minus Xisuma and Astaria's admin ones broke with the same wave of attacks. The hermits raised their arms to defend against the wave of fireballs that was approaching but it never hit.

The hermits' eyes gazed up to where the fireballs should have come from and saw a hard purple light, a shield had been formed around them. They all looked around to see who had made the shield, since with some of the stories they had heard from Doc and Wels they knew that the magic belonged to watchers. What they saw was the stranger who they thought was an admin with her hand outstretched with a glowing purple burst in her hand, which was the same colour as the barrier which was now around them. She still had the admin sword in her hand which just confused everyone more. She then pushed the barrier back towards the watchers, sending them flying backwards. A layer of purple light surrounded her as she walked through the crowd of hermits and she changed from her player form back to her watcher form, her hair was back to being white and her clothes changed into the outfit he first saw her in, her eyes were uncovered since the glasses did not carry over. Her wings spread out from her back and she flew up to where all the watchers were, ready to face them. She had one hand that was ready to fire any offensive or defensive spells that she could need and in her other hand, she had switched to her watcher sword. Grian thought that maybe, just like how his sword worked for him, it made her attacks stronger.

WC~ 1053

A/N: Sorry about not posting a chapter yesterday I completely forgot what day it was and that it was the day I was meant to post a chapter