Chapter 12

Of course, it had to be the other council members that we ran into, Xelqua thought to himself as he looked at the five faces in front of him. Flying in the middle was Gryff, he looked the same, Blaze was to Gryff's left, and his hair was longer than its usual length and looked more poofy than before, though it wasn't dyed which surprised Xelqua. Neferus was to his left, she seemed to have a few more scars on her face. To Gryff's right was Zyrex, who looked pretty much the same, his clothes just seemed more worn out than usual, and to his right was Kelin, who had shorter hair. They were decently far away to a point where he could still tell who they were but he wasn't able to see their expressions, and he didn't know what they would be like in this reality.

The five watchers each sent a fireball towards Xelqua and Astaria but Astaria was quickly able to pull up a shield. Behind the shield they waited as more and more fireballs were sent their way, they didn't know how long they would have to wait before they stopped attacking, and they also didn't know how much longer they could hold the shield. Astaria, having formed many shields in the past few hours as well as fighting with more magic, was running out of energy. Xelqua took upholding a shield instead, he had only done one so far and had more energy than Astaria obviously did. Xelqua really just wished he could talk to them, hopefully before they contacted any other watchers because then it would become much harder for the two watchers to get out of the situation.

The fireballs slowly trickled off and Xelqua looked up to see what was there, he couldn't see them anymore. He looked towards Astaria to see if she was able to tell where they were. However before he could ask she pulled him up into the sky, he was confused about why she did that until he looked down and saw a giant explosion happen beneath them. "How did you know that they would do that?" Xelqua asked the white-haired watcher.

"Occasionally I am able to access the 'unknown sight'. It depends on how much I am concentrating and it does take a bit out of me but I can do it," She replied.
Xelqua didn't actually know that she could do that, her ability of magic kept on impressing him since she kept doing things that he had rarely known watchers to do before. He then asked, "Do you know where the others are now? I can't see them anywhere,"

"Yes, I assume if you can't see them they might be using some illusion magic, which would make the thin magic barrier make more sense. You should enter your watcher vision," Astaria said, Xelqua did just that and soon he was able to see the outline of the watchers as well as the illusion magic.

Astaria seemed to intently focus on something and Xelqua didn't know what, he stayed quiet and prepared for whatever attack could happen next, but it seemed as though the others were just flying stationary discussing something, sometimes he wished that watchers could have some sort of magic hearing as well. It was when the others looked like they were done talking that Astaria spoke again, "I don't think that they are on the side of the other watchers?"

"What do you mean?" Xelqua asked.

"They were discussing how they were worried that we were going to call in the watchers as reinforcements," she explained.

"How did get that from here?" Xelqua asked, was there some sort of listening ability and did she actually hear them he wondered.

"I watched their lips, being in watcher vision all the time made me realise I could zoom in on others' conversations and see the way their lips moved, it's similar to normal lip reading. It's an easy ability to pick up if you actually try," she replied.
Maybe that's something he could try and learn if he had time to after everything that kept happening that is.

"Should we try and tell them that we are not on the watchers' side?" Xelqua asked.

"Yes, and you should do it," Astaria replied.
"Why me exactly, it's not like they know me anymore," Xelqua questioned.
"They would still know of you though, in this reality, you were the first watcher to leave. They should know who you are because they most likely left after you, because of you," Astaria explained.