Chapter 5

"Who are you?" Grian asked the figure with his watcher blade outstretched.

"Xelqua-" Astaria started.

"Why are you calling me that?" Grian interrupted.

"Right so you don't remember completely," Astaria muttered trying to think, "Do you happen to have a pumpkin charm on the end of a chain?"
He did have one, the first morning he had woken up with a headache he had it in his hand. He didn't know where he had gotten it from so he just kept it in a chest. "Why are you wondering?" Grian asked Astaria.

"If you put it on your memories will hopefully start coming back with a bit of an explanation," Astaria said.

Grian with his sword still outstretched went over to the chest he knew he had placed the charm and plucked it out. He put it on and for a second everything just felt wrong. He could remember a time when he wasn't scared if watchers were coming, and he could even remember being friends with them. He could remember who was standing in front of him now, even if she looked very different.

He put his sword away and offered a chair to Astaria and she sat down. "I'm assuming by the fact your sword is no longer in your hand that you remember?"

"Some, enough to know that something is definitely wrong," Grian said, also taking a seat.

"What's the last thing you remember, something that might have triggered whatever happened?" Astaria asked to take off the glasses, her eyes were still the same even in her player form.

He could tell that she was still using her watcher vision with the way she had moved since she came out of the rift. Grian thought for a moment trying to remember exactly when the world started feeling wrong. He remembered the moments before he had woken up with his first headache. "When the watchers and admins crashed into the council headquarters they said something, I think it was in enderian, and then their magic it was black with small purple lights then I think there was a flash of light,"
"I believe that they used some enderman blood to try and enhance their spell; the caveat is that it only partially affects those who endermen don't attack. For me, they were still able to change the code around me but I still remembered everything before the spell. I'm assuming that the charm got loose when the code was changing which is why you couldn't remember anything until you put it on again."

"What exactly did they change?" Grian asked, he wasn't at a stage where he could define all the differences between the two realities yet.

"What they did is they changed the final battle peace wasn't made and instead a fight took place. The way they changed it made it so the war is still going on now and since admins were always more intertwined with players, watchers became the enemies of everyone else," Astaria replied.

"So the council never formed and peace was never made, does that mean that Via and Blaze don't exist in this reality?" Grian asked, concerned since his friends were born after the war to a parent of each species.

"No, both of them are still fine, they just don't know each other. The magic that did this didn't rewrite time, instead, it was more like they made everyone believe a false story that's why everyone would still have scars or other items that they might not remember getting," Astaria told Grian, who was now at ease.

"So what do we need to do to fix this?" Grian questioned, "Are you able to do a counterspell?"

"No I can't, their magic combined with the enderman blood makes it so the spell can only be stopped when the original casters either break it or if they perish,"

"So we need to find them and get rid of them?"

"It isn't that easy, we would need to go against the rest of the watchers in this reality and to even get to where I believe the ones who cast the spell are hiding we would have to go through admin territory since my teleportation hasn't been working properly in this reality,"

"What's wrong with admin territory," Grian asked, he only really knew that watchers were seen as evil, and since in the right reality he was taught admins were bad anyways.

"The admin territory is home to all the admin council members," Astaria started, seeing if Grian could figure out what she was insinuating.

Grian thought for a moment before he said, "So they would be able to figure out that we were watchers straight away,"

"Yes, we really can't do much at the moment except strategize," Astaria said.

Grian then walked over to get his communicator off the charger and as soon as he turned it on it kept pinging. He opened it up and saw a lot of messages:

Astaria joined the game

<iskall85> ?????

<Tango> What?

<GoodTimeWithScar> Who is that?

<Xisuma> I don't know

<Xisuma> They must have forced their way in

There were a bunch of messages after that with the hermits saying they didn't know where the person was or who they were, they also sent a bunch of messages about trying to find the person. There were also a few messages directed at him from Xisuma:

<Xisuma> Grian have you seen anything?
<Xisuma> G?

<Xisuma> Grian are you okay?

The last one wasn't sent too long ago so Grian typed in a message

<Grian> Sorry my communicator was charging

<Xisuma> Glad you're okay

<Grian> The person who joined is here at my mansion

<MumboJumbo> ?!?!?!?!?

<Grian> I'll get them to come to the shopping district

<Xisuma> Ok

Grian turned towards Astaria turned towards her and she had her screen up, "I'm assuming you read the messages?" he asked

"Yeah," she replied, "Let's go meet the hermits,"

Grian handed her an extra elytra and some fireworks as well as giving her some simple armour. She put her glasses back on so her eyes were fully covered. Together they flew to the nether portal to go meet the hermits.

WC~ 998