Chapter 10

Around the sides of the tent, other admins were standing around watching, they all seemed on edge but they also seemed calm, Grian assumed that they believed that their council would be able to protect them. Grian once again looked up to the alternate versions of his friends prepared for whatever was about to start. "Watchers, we are here to find out why and how you ended up in the middle of our territory," Lysabel stated.

"State your names," Cirrus said coldly, his tone showing just how much his friend didn't remember him.

"Grian Carolus and Xelqua is my watcher name," Grian said, then he looked at Astaria for her to go.

"Astaria," was all that she said.

"Your family name?" Cirrus questioned, Grian realised then that he didn't actually know what her last name was.

"Not something that is needed in this conversation," Astaria said.

Cirrus just noted down something and nodded back towards Lysabel. "Now tell us why you come into the Main World, into our territory?"

Grian looked toward Astaria, he didn't know which of the two of them was going to reply. He hoped that she was going to do it, and he was glad when she answered, "We are going to head to the outer lands,"

"What do you wish to do in the outer lands?" Erin asked.

"We have a mission we set ourselves that we wish to complete," Astaria explained.
Hayden then asked, "Will that mission involve harming anyone,"

"No," Astaria lied, they didn't believe her but Grian guessed that they thought that it was going to be players or admins that they wanted to harm, I suppose it was some admins but none that they would probably care about.

"I do have a couple of questions just for you Astaria," Lysabel said, not looking toward her council members.
"Yes?" Astaria asked, Grian just stayed silent by her side.

"How did you manage to stay in your watcher form, and how do you move around so well for a blind person?" she asked.

"Unlike most watchers in this age, I was not born as a player. The magic that is in the cell as well as in these cuffs reverts us back to our original form, which for me is my watcher form,"

Grian had learnt about only a small while ago but it still shocked him quite a lot, when Astaria told him her story he just assumed that she had learnt to transform young since he had never heard of any watcher, or admin, who was born straight into their form. He wondered if it was a normal thing in the place where she was born or if it had something to do with her being both an admin and a watcher. "And your movement while being blind?" Lysabel once again asked.

"My feathers help me get an idea of some of the surroundings, I can get a rough idea of where everything is," Astaria lied.

Lysabel didn't mention whether or not she believed what the watcher said but she didn't press any further with that line of questioning.

"Now how did you end up in the middle of our camp?" Lysabel asked, moving on to the next question.

Astaria replied, "We didn't mean to end up in your camp, we just left a server and ended up there,"

"A server that you destroyed?" Via questioned.

"No, a server that we were trying to protect from other watchers attacking it," Astaria replied.

"How can we believe you? Aren't watchers known to destroy any server that they are on?" Via asked, her voice showing that she was becoming angrier.

Astaria didn't say anything so Grian tried to defend both of them, "We didn't destroy it, you could check the code yourself,"

"And how do we know that you won't just give us a random server? How do we know that your watcher friends are waiting until after we check to destroy it?" Cirrus asked.

Grian didn't know what to say and Lysabel added, "We all know that watchers are evil so why would we believe you are good,"

"Maybe because you know a good watcher," Astaria said, breaking her streak of silence.

The council didn't say anything as Astaria continued, "You talk about how all watchers are evil but everyone here has agreed to shelter one,"

Hayden then said, "W-what do you mean?"

Grian could tell he was lying based on how his voice cracked, hearing his voice made Astaria continue with more vigour, "When a watcher came here harmed you took her in and looked after her, she even helped you place a simple hidden shield around in case any watchers fireballs attacked,"

She turned her face towards the crowd of people on the left, "Artemis would you please step forward,"
Grian saw as the watcher that he tested came forward, as she stepped in front of people her wings outstretched as well. Artemis said, "Yes not all watchers are evil, and the admins have looked after me. It doesn't change that we don't know if you are evil or not. You could kill us all the next chance you get,"

Astaria took that moment to create a mini fireball in her hand and break the cuffs to let her hands get free, she nodded towards Grian which he took as a sign for him to do the same. He followed suit and then changed into his watcher form as well, the admins all reacted by pointing the swords toward the watchers. "We could have attacked you the whole time as you can see," Astaria said, putting her hands up to show that she was not going to attack.

"How did you manage to change the code?" Lysabel questioned coming closer to the watchers with her sword outstretched.

"Because I'm more than just a watcher," Astaria said, pulling up her admin screen, a wave of silence went over the admins.

"Everyone else not in the council leave," Lysabel called out.

All of the admins, including Artemis, left leaving Xelqua, Astaria and the admin council members alone in the large tent. "How are you a watcher with an admin screen?" Via asked.

"It's a long story we don't have time for, but I am not on the watchers' side as you know them. We are here for a different reason," Astaria said.

"Which is?" Lysabel asked.
"To fix this reality. Currently, this is not the way the world is supposed to be," Astaria explained.

"Why exactly should we believe you?" Lysabel asked.

Astaria signalled for Xelqua to answer, "Your name is Lysabel Yineria and you have the rare ability to see auras, your sister died because the leaders of the admins saw her as a threat so they killed her. You never told anyone when you were a part of the fight. Your council consists of Cirrus Cirinn, Via Selrinine, Tory Gieli, Erin Dimi and Hayden Joris,"

This caused a chill to go down the admins' backs since they had never told them their names, and what they said about Lysabel was correct. Lysabel was the first to regain her composure and asked, "How do you know that?"

"In the right reality, you all are on a different council that governs over all kinds of people. There are six admins and six watchers in an amazing city where everyone lives in peace. It's headed up by a High Leader..." That's when Xelqua remembered the High Leader, if she was affected like everyone else and they ran into her they might be in trouble.

He didn't know how Astaria would match up against the most powerful watcher that he knew. "What else is wrong with this reality?" Cirrus asked.
Xelqua and Astaria started explaining how their lives differed in the right reality, the biggest reaction came when they started talking about Via's life. "I have a twin!?!? Who is a watcher?!"

"Yes, and you both are on the council," Xelqua explained.

Before they could continue a crash was heard from outside and the admin council members, Astaria and Xelqua rushed outside to see what had happened.

WC~ 1335 

A/N: Sorry this is late again, exams are going on and I was studying (definitely not reading fanfic). Hope you enjoy!