The Cadet Core

Y/N

You lived with Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Carla, and Armin's grandfather for the next few years. It was hard. With Carla and Armin's grandfather being lost on a operation, life became even harder. There was barely any food to go around but you got a little extra due to you being kids. As you turned 12 it felt like time went by so fast. It was a year in Shiganshina before the Colossal attacked and then you lived in wall Rose for another year. You, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin all decided to join the Cadet Core to join the scouts, garrison, or military police after graduation, that would take three years but you had to do it. You had nothing else to do if you didn't. Either stay on the farms or join the army.

Time Skip ——- In the Cadet Core

You were standing in lines as the instructor walked around asking your name,  where you were from, and why you were there. The instructor introduced himself as Keith Shadis until he started walking around yelling at everybody to intimidate them and he berated mostly everyone. There were many people I didn't know but I tuned everything out except for when you heard their names. He skipped over some people I didn't know but he also skipped over Eren and Mikasa.

I was standing next to two people I didn't know as I saw a girl eating a potato. I just quickly glanced at her because I was in the same line as her before getting back quickly. The instructor also noticed her and slowly walked up to her.

"Hey you. What do you think you're doing?" He said not yelling this time.

"You, I'm talking to you! What the hell do you think you're doing!" He said now yelling again. You started to tune everything out again

He eventually got to you while looking at you you blankly looked at him (looked up or down idk).  He kept looking at you until you decided to glare at him, making him take a step back in surprise before skipping you as you returned to normal tuning everything out wondering why he didn't ask your name.

Time Skip ——- Dinner

You were silently eating on your ow  table as everyone gathered around Eren, him telling them the story of Shiganshina, he didn't know you were there as he talked about you because Keith skipped you completely. 

"There was this boy, he had H/L H/C and he was so brave and strong he was able to save my mother and my friends from a titan." Eren explained to a group of people surrounding him. I told him to not tell people I was the one who saved his mom. It would be annoying as fuck for people to crowd me. Most of the people sat there in wonder before asking questions.

"Do you know where he is?" 

"Is he here?" Are most of the questions that were asked.

"I don't think he wants to talk about it." One of the people intervened.

"No its fine, I will stay strong and join the survey corps." Eren said with a glint in his eyes.

You were just quietly listening until a brown haired boy stood up saying "Who there, you crazy? Did you  just say you were going to in list in the survey corps?" He asked as Eren confronted him.

"Yeah that's right. If I'm not mistaken, you're aiming to live it up in the Military Police Brigade, right?" Eren said back as you looked up from your food.

"I'm an honest guy, you see. I'd say I'm a lot more pleasant to  be around than someone who puts on a brave face, despite being terrified deep down." After the guy said that Eren stood up and looked at him.

"Are you implying something?" Eren asked trying to look intimidating which didn't work as the other guy also stood up.

"Hey now. I wasn't really... " he continued as I also got up walking up to them.

"I don't think we should start anything on the first day." You said quietly to the both of them until the bell rang, you saw Mikasa quickly glance with a questioning look before she looked away, hiding her face in her scarf. The bell broke the tension as everyone got ready to leave. As Eren left Mikasa left as well and then the guy, I think his name was Jean? And then you left the building after him seeing Mikasa talking to Eren about something as you looked the other way.

You were going to the main area again to see which cabin you were in. You hoped the people weren't stupid or annoying. You walked up to the center area as Keith announced  the girls cabins first. Mikasa looked like she was in distress as she was about to go talk to the instructor Eren grabbed her shoulder and said something as she stopped.

"Now onto the boys!" Keith yelled.

"First cabin! Eren, Armin, Connie, and Y/N!" He yelled as Eren looked around as you followed where Keith pointed to a small cabin with two bunk beds in the two corners, a bathroom to the right and a wardrobe for all four of you to the left.

You walked in as the others dropped their bags next to their beds except for you because you didn't have anything except for a hoodie. Eren went on the bed on top of yours and then looked at you.

"Y/N, we're finally here. In the training corps. We just have to get through this and we'll be able to join the scouts!" Eren yelled.

"Yeah... but, Eren are you still sure about this?" I asked as he was confused.

"Um... why would I be doubtful after we got here?" 

"Because... I... don't want any of you guys to die. And if you join, I know for a fact Mikasa will, and then Armin will. I can't let that happen. I made a promise."

"Come on! Where else would we go? When we join the scouts, we'll have freedom. Don't worry. Why aren't you hesitant about joining the scouts. You'll follow us if we join."

"Because I have nothing to lose." Eren was then silent. He couldn't say anything after that.

"Now go to sleep." I said as I got in bed with my hoodie trying to go to sleep. 

A little bit of time later everyone else was asleep while you were just laying there not being able to sleep. You couldn't really sleep well after your parents died so most of the time you would work out but you couldn't because the others were asleep and you couldn't go out.