Chapter 55

Two incredibly long and lonely days later

Jordan's Pov

I sit on the couch at the Fortress and hide my face in my hands.

I've messed up. I don't even know when she happened!

"Daddy don't cry." I feel a little hand be placed on my back.

"Its all gonna be okay." I raise my head out of my hands and see Anastasia. She's beautiful.

I can't abandon her. "Jordan T-Tom's here." Ianite's voice trembles and I sigh.

"Let him in."

Ianite opens the door and Tom walks in. He's clearly hungover.

"You ended it not me what do you want?" I ask.

"I just wanna know if you're staying here with it." Tom pauses and eyes Anastasia.

"She's not an it Tom."

"Listen to yourself! Jordan I gave you everything. Just admit you created a-"

"I created a beautiful little girl Tom! She's not like me. Please just tell me what you want you're not making this any easier on me!" I feel the tears starting to rise again.

"Daddy." Anastasia climbs into my lap. She's trembling. Tom scares her.

"Don't you call him that!" Tom snaps and I wrap my arms around the trembling child.
"Tom stop p-please." I begin to sob. I can't even look at him.

Tom leaves without another word. "Anastasia go play give him time alone." Ianite says but I don't wanna be alone. I don't trust myself to be alone.

"No. I want her to stay." Anastasia settles back into my chest.

Time Skip

Tom's Pov

"Just give it time Syndy." Steve says as we walk through the town.

"I just miss him. The old him. The one who would've done anything to mark me." I hear a little girl laugh.

I look over at what I see makes me freeze. Jordan's sat on the edge of a dock with her.

She's got long dark brown curly hair. Brown eyes that are identical to Jordan's. She looks like a little Capsize.

The girls smile fades when she sees me. Jordan looks back and frowns too.

Steve pushes me forward but I just walk back. Jordan looked so happy but when he saw me...

"Syndy let's go. Don't give it any attention." Steve says but I can't take my eyes off him.

"Move on Tom. Show him you don't need him." Steve says quietly.

Wag's Pov

I walk through the streets of Dagrun only to find a traumatized Tom.

"Hey T-" I get cut off by Tom pulling me close to him, by the front of my cloak, and smashing our lips together.

I can't help but kiss back. I can't say I don't miss his touch despite how much I love and crave Martha's.

Jordan's Pov

My heart burst. I feel tears running down my face faster and faster as Wag and Tom kiss.

"Daddy why are you crying?" Little Anastasia says.

"Because sweat-pea I l-love him."

"But don't you love mommy?" She asks her eyes shining purple.

"That's different." Wag pulls away from Tom and instantly teleports off.

"We're going home." I say quickly. My wrist burn. "Syndy I-" Steve looks shocked and sorry.

I take Anastasia's hand and speed walk back to the Fortress.

When we get there Wag is waiting. So is a very upset looking Martha.

"Jordan look i-"

"Don't okay! I don't care. I've gotta go home."

"No! Daddy don't go!"

"Anastasia I-" my eyes water up and I kiss her forehead. "Its all gonna be okay." I whisper and run off.

Time Skip

Ianite's Pov

There's a ping in my heart as I brush Anastasia's hair.

Jordan. He-Jordan! "SPARK" I sprint downstairs.

"Stay with Anastasia. Its Jordan." I teleport to Jordan's old house.

Tom's got an unconscious Jordan in his arms.

"H-he wouldn't let me h-" Jordan's eyes drift open. He looks terrified like he's seen something he wasn't supposed to.

They close seconds after. "Ianite please! He-d-d-doesn't have l-long!" There's nothing I can do for him.

"Come here." I demand. Tom takes my hand and we teleport to Dec's.

Dec takes Jordan and instantly starts working on him.

"God Ianite if I would've known." Tom rubs his temples.

He did this. He made Jordan this way. If he dies its on Tom's sword.

Champ walks out with tears in his eyes. "Hunters aren't easily killed. He'll live but he barely made it. Are you aware of what was carved into his arm?" Champ speaks quick.

"No-I I didn't care to read it."

"The mark that bond-"

"An Izrite!" I burst into tears after the words leave my mouth.

"C-Can I see him?" Tom asks and Champ looks at me.

"No. Leave him alone Tom!"

"Ianite that's not fair!" Tom cries but I don't care his tears mean nothing to me.

"You called it off Tom! You caused this!" I teleport into Jordan's room.

He has a Iv pumping in medicine of some sorts, oxygen, and another Iv that's pumping in blood.

"Jordan I'm so sorry." I whisper and Jordan's fingers twicth.

I lay my head down on the side of his bed. My hand intertwines with his and just for a second I feel a warmth rush over me.

How am I gonna tell Anastasia?! Jordan loves her if anything he'll stay for her.

"Ianite go home. Go get some rest. He'll be fine here." Dec says and puts his hand on my back.

"Thank you." I whisper and teleport home. Anastasia jumps up off the couch but frowns when she realizes its only me.

"Mommy where's daddy?" She asks and I sit next to her on the couch.

"Did Jordan say anything to you before he left?" I ask her.

"He kissed my head and told me everything was gonna be okay." My eyes water up as Anastasia takes hold of my hand.

"Daddy's gonna be home soon baby." My voice cracks. "I promise."