Chapter 51

Martha's Pov

I pull Jordan off of Tom and as expected his eyes are a deep purple.

Steve pulls half dead Tom over to a tree. "Calm down. Its not real, its not really." Whatever's inside Jordan's head isn't going down without a fight.

He looks away but I force him to look at me. "It isn't real. Think about the blue birds. The ever blue sky. About flying kites." Jordan's eyes fade slowly. I look at Tom who is fighting to stay conscious.

"Martha they're everywhere! The children." The kids with the deep red eyes. The ones Jordan always talks about.

"They're eyes are blue. They told me to. I didn't w-" Jordan winces in pain causing his voice to stop.

"Shh he's gonna be okay." Jordan squeezes my hand and I look at Steve who looks horrified. He sees them too! Whatever Waggles was talking about he was right.

Steve knows whats wrong with him. "Jordan!" Tom calls out. "I'm a monster." Jordan begins to cry.

"Jordan I'm okay. You didn't hurt me." Steve drags his stele through Tom's skin, healing him.

There's a long silent moment. No one knows or wants to say anything.

"Jordan please come here." Tom begs. Jordan looks to guard Tom who just nods an ok.

Tom's Pov

Jordan sits beside me and holds my hand. "Are you in pain? Is there anything I can do to help?" Jordan looks like he feels horrible for what he did. Slowly but surely I begin to feel better.

I see Jordan's eyes widen. I look over at Steve who has the same reaction.

"Martha don't move." Jordan's voice is soft. I grab his hand and he squeezes.

Steve pulls out a sword and lunges at what looked like a normal everyday child!

"LEAVE HER A-" I watch as the kid's eyes change to a red color. It doesn't have fingernails but claws instead.

Steve kills the thing without issue. "Steve what was that?" I ask and Steve just shakes his head. "Nothing. Jordan we gotta talk."

"Not today you aren't?! He's going back to the asylum now. I'm not gonna put anyone else at risk!" Guard Tom yells.

"Jordan you're what they call 'The Angel's Child' you can see and hear demons. All the things going on in your head are demons attacking you. You can kill them I'm just not sure how. Usually every hunter has a weapon...." Jordan pulls a bow out of thin air.

Martha gasps and covers her mouth. "The Bow of Balance. That was supposed to be gone!" She sounds scared.

"I'm not going back now. I have to many questions. I hope you understand Tom." Jordan releases my hand and stands.

"I suppose I'm gonna loose my job anyways. I did help sneak you out. See you soon Captain."

Time Skip

Jordan's Pov

We sit in Wag's tower and wait for Steve and Martha.

Poor Wag looks so drained. I'm sure pity is the last thing he wants right now.

Tom wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer to him.

I tense up as he kisses my cheek. I don't wanna hurt him again. I didn't want to hurt him ever.

Steve walks in with tears in his eyes, Martha following.

"Okay so questions. I'm gonna try my best to answer them." Steve says breaking the silence.

"Why do I freak out? Like why do my eyes do the weird purple thing before I black out." I ask and Tom snuggles into my chest.

"Every angel child has a inner demon. Yours just happens to be stronger than any other I've ever seen. Which explains why when the first sickness came we thought it was Ianite." Steve answers.

"Why can't I control it?"

"You don't know how to! If Steve would-" Wag gets interrupted,

"Waggles please don't." Martha sounds like she could cry at any given second.

"Wag's right. You haven't been trained to fight it. Therefore you can't. I think Spark could train you." Steve glares at Wag.

"What is the purpose in all of this and why did it happen to me?"

"Well its past through genetics. So either your mom or your dad was a hunter. The purpose is to protect mortals from the demons that come from other dimensions. Without our kind Dianite's little shits would've killed everyone and everything. Its a privilege."

"The kids I see, the man who threatened to kill Tom. How do I kill them?" This time Tom tenses.

"You fight. Jordan the runes I've been marking Tom with, you can do them too. They heal, strengthen, and hurt."

"The Bow I pulled out why is it so important?" I rub my hand up and down Tom's back calming him down a bit.

"That was Ianite's bow. She gave it to a man named John trusting him to use its power correctly. That wasn't the case, John used the bow to kill hundreds if not

thousands of innocent hunters. I, being John's best friend, destroyed the bow after his death. It hasn't turned up since you pulled it out of thin air." Martha

explains.

Tom still doesn't move from his spot. He must be in a cuddly mood.

"What does that mean? Why was I able to create something out if nothing?" I ask.

"Its you're special ability. Mine's mind reading, nothing to special. I'm not sure what Spark's is he never told me." Steve looks over at Martha with kind eyes.

"I don't think he told anybody. It isn't something he's proud of. Being a hunter that is." Martha speaks softly.

"So I'm not crazy? All I need is training. Correct?"

"Correct. You start tomorrow. Meet me at well....er Martha's at dawn." Tom and I get teleported home.

Neither of us want to talk, nor do we know what to say. Tom and I both change and climb into bed. Today has been SO crazy.

"Jordan have I ever told you how much I love you?" Tom asks and snuggles into my neck.

"You don't have to Tom. You show me every single day how much you love me. You've stayed with me despite my hardships. And Tom that alone means the entire world to me." I kiss his head. I feel his tears hit my chest.

"I learned today that I could loose the love of my life in a instant. Jordan I can't imagine a life without you, and never in a million years would I ever leave you." Tom sobs. I rub my hand up and down his back till I hear him slightly snoring.