Chapter 9

Jordan's Pov

I lay awake, Tom has hold on my arm. He's sound asleep.

I feel bad about snapping at Martha. I was just scared and confused.

I don't understand! In our past realm Ianite and Dianite hated eachother.

Now they have two kids together. 'Sparks been gone 10 years' Ianite's words echo in my head.

Ten years. What came first? Ianite's task for Spark, or Blaze?

I fear my thoughts are correct. Dianite killed Spark.

Tricked Ianite into thinking he was never gonna come back.

Ever since Andor became king, there's been a caste system.

The Mianitees work politics, the Ianitees tend to the land and help keep peace, the Dianitees work in the mines.

Andor has three church sessions that are held on Sunday. Tom and I are required by law to have Chrissy attend to a different service each week.

This week is Mianite. Ianite hates the system, but in the end supports Andor.

When each child of a generation turns 16 they get to choose.

The Choosing Ceremony is a very formal event.

Think of it like a banquet. But each kid will choose Mianite, Ianite, or Dianite.

People say this years is gonna be different but I highly doubt that.

"Spark Plug? Are you here?" I hear Ianite say from downstairs. I pry my arm away from Tom's grasp and join M' Lady downstairs.

She looks weak, scared, and confused. "Are you okay?" I ask gently. She shakes her head, no.

"Jordan, I hate assigning tasks to you especially of this manner. But you must stay away from Martha, Steve, and Andor."

"What?! Why?" Now I'm confused! What's going on between the four of us that could lead to this! And Dianite said we need to keep Chrissy around people she loves, how can I do that without them?

"Are you questioning me?!" Ianite raises her voice in a way I'd never imaged she could.

"N...no its just m'lady Dia....Dianite told me to keep Chrissy around people she loves. And I can't do that without t...them" I mange to choke out.

"You don't take orders from him. Now do you trust me?" Ianite steps closer to me.

Close enough she now has to physically look up at me.

I know what she wants me to say. But for some reason words just won't come.

Ianite's Pov

I feel my heart start to break as I stare up at Spark Plug.

Does he really not trust me? Well I guess I understand why he wouldn't.

"I understand." I whisper and turn to walk away.

What he does next not even Mianite could've predicted.

In ome swift movement Spark Plug pulls me close, lets his hands snake around my waist, then kisses me.

Jordan's Pov

Ianite's hand is rested gently on the back of my neck.

She pulls away and rest her forehead on mine. What the hell did I just do!

"My lady I..." Ianite shhs me then moves her head to my shoulder.

My heart is going a million miles a hour. I try to keep my breathing steady for Ianite's sake.

All I can do is hold her. I can only hope I didn't spark up any horrible menories.

The way Ianite is clinging onto me isn't helping my worries.

"I trust you." I whisper, "I trust you always have and always will."

Ianite's Pov

Everything about this moment feels perfect. But its not. This isn't my Spark.

As much as I don't want to pull away, I know I have to.

"Thank you." I whisper and vanish off into the end.

Chrissy's Pov

What the hell did I just witness?! Jordan stands and just stares where Ianite once stood.

"Jordan?!" I yell down at him. He looks up and its as if he's seen a ghost.

"Chrissy! Uhh how much of that did you see?"

"Enough." I walk back into my room lightly shutting the door behind me.

I hope Dianite didn't see that. I hope Jordan can keep his mouth shut to Tom about it.

Heck if I can hide the fact I'm immortal, Jordan can keep Ianite' (ands his) secret.