Chapter 26

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty, how are you feeling now?"

Liza looked up to see Brandon leaning against the doorframe with a smile on his face. "Better," she answered as Nathan continued to massage her neck and shoulders. He hit a knot and she flinched, "ouch," she pouted.

"Sorry," Nathan frowned then kissed the back of her head. "Does it still hurt?"

"Yes," she admitted, "my hand tingles now." Brandon walked over to them and carefully picked up her hand in the cast. "Ow," she winced as he turned her hand and squeezed her fingers.

"Go get her a pain pill from Doc's office," Nathan said as he grabbed the tiger balm that he knew Doc kept in his room and gently applied it to her shoulder. "This should help some."

"Thank you," she whispered as he readjusted her spaghetti strap on her shoulder.

"Of course, Peanut," he whispered back to her, "I love taking care of you, we all do."

"I'm learning," she whispered back as he wrapped his arms around her, and she leaned into his hold.

"I know, and we are proud of you for it."

"Here you go, Babe," Brandon said as he came back into the room with a pill and a water bottle. "North is making you something to snack on so this doesn't upset your stomach."

"Thank you," she said as Nathan removed his arms, and she got off the bed to take the medicine. Just as she swallowed the pill, Kiairi's cries filled the air. "Oh no," she whispered as she rushed passed Brandon. "What's wrong?" She instantly asked, "what hurts?" She sighed when she saw Kiairi holding her stomach sobbing while Luke sat in front of her covered in throw up. "Oh no, come here Little One."

"Let's get her cleaned up first," Kota shook his head.

"Mommy," Kiairi moaned as her body jerked.

Without thinking Liza dropped to her knees and grabbed Kiari as she threw up again on her and the floor. "It's okay, Sweetheart, it's okay," Liza soothed as she sobbed. "Good girl, get it all out of your tummy. There you go," she soothed as Kiairi threw up again.

"Doc is on his way home," Kota said hanging up his phone.

"Come on, Sweetheart, let's go home and get you all cleaned up," Liza said carefully picking her up. "Once I get her settled, I'll come back and clean this up."

"No," Owen shook his head. "We got this. Luke, go get in the shower. Dakota—"

"I already got the cleaning supplies," Marc said coming into the room.

"Shower is ready," Gabe said coming up behind Marc. "I'm taking your keys to get the both of you some clean comfy clothes."

"Come on, Sweetheart," Liza said softly, "Oh my poor baby," she pouted as Kiari threw up all over her again. "It's okay. Get it all out."

"Am I the only one amazed that she is not grossed out one bit?" Brandon asked.

"It's a mom thing," Kota shook his head. "Mom is the same way."

"This is a good time to show her how we will be there through thick and thin," Silas said. "I have a feeling that prick did nothing when the kids were sick, so she is probably expecting to do this all on her own with no support."

"That's probably true," Owen nodded. "We need to notify the ones that are out of what is happening so they know and can prepare on how to help and care as well."

"I'll head to the store and get things to make soup," Marc said grabbing his keys.

"And juices," Kota called out. "Foods that will be easy on her stomach."

"Got it," Marc said as he left.

"We can't let her try to do this on her own," Corey said as he helped Kota clean up the mess. "And we need to make sure she knows that it's okay this happened, like Silas said that jerk probably made her think and feel that she was a horrible mom if they got sick. These things just happen, and it's not going to push us away."

"Got Baby Kitten's rest area set up," Raven said as he set some more stuffed animals on the air mattress then tossed another pillow on it. "Kitten too."

"Kyler is going to stay at the other house, so he doesn't get sick," Owen said setting his phone on the desk. "I sent him some extra money to just order food until Little One gets better since we aren't sure exactly what is wrong with her and how long it will take for her to get better."

"Good idea," Corey nodded.

"Dr. Green is going to send Mr. Weiland some children's medicines to pick up for various things until he can see her and determine what is wrong," Owen said as he looked at his phone as it pinged.

"How are they?" North asked as he came into the house.

"Don't know," most said.

"Liza is still getting Kiairi cleaned up," Silas explained.

"How?" North asked. "Her cast can't get wet."

"I'm sure Gabe figured something out when he went to start the shower," Brandon said. "You know him, he thinks of everything when it comes to that stuff."

"There we go Sweet Pea," Liza's voice came softly down the hallway. "Are you feeling better?"

"No Mommy," a weak and tired voice replied.

"I'm sorry," Liza said, "I bet some juicy and nap will help."

"Babee Mommy," she pouted as Liza carried her into the room.

"I will put on Barbie as soon as we go home," she nodded.

Owen shook his head, "you are staying here."