Chapter 8

Liza sat Kiairi down and headed to the trunk to get the groceries. "You FUCKING bitch!"

She turned around to see her ex-husband slamming his truck door shut storming to her. "Charles," she gasped. "What are you—"

"HOW DARE YOU!" he spat in her face.

"What?" she asked confused. "Sweetie, why don't you go inside?"

"Mommy," Kiairi pouted. "Daddy."

"I'm NOT your fucking father!" He shouted making her burst into tears, "QUIT CALLING ME THAT! YOUR MOTHER IS A FUCKING WHORE!"

"I never cheated on you!" She shouted back at him. "You cheated on me! Multiple times!"

"You didn't give me what I wanted!" He shouted back. "If you had just been a good wife then I wouldn't have had to get it somewhere else!"

"Okay," she flinched and sighed in defeat. "Please just quit shouting around our daughter."

"She ISN'T my daughter!" He growled stepping towards her, making her take a step back, pressing into the open trunk.

"Yes she is," Liza glared back, "I was ALWAYS faithful and a good wife to you, always."

"Bullshit!" he grabbed her throat and squeezed. "If you were a good wife then you would have done everything I told you to do and given me everything I wanted! You were a horrible fucking wife! You took away my family and now you are taking away my son! This family is destroyed because of YOU!"

"Charles...please," she gasped while clawing at his arm. Her vision was starting to spot, and her lungs were on fire. It felt like her skin was being ripped off her body. She needed air but he just kept tightening his grip on her throat.

Just as everything was going black, her throat opened up and she gasped in air while dropping to the ground. Someone touched her and she flinched while trying to scoot back. "Sorry, Pookie," Sean's voice filtered through the darkness. "I'm just trying to make sure your throat is okay."

"Dah...dah..." she coughed as she gripped his wrists. "Ky...Ky..."

"Silas has Kiairi," he said gently. "She's okay and Kyler is still at work, Brandon left to go make sure he's okay after Little One showed up crying. They are okay, I promise."

"S...s...s...," she burst into tears.

"Shhh," he soothed as he wiped her face. "It'll be okay, everything will be okay."

Just as she placed her hand on the rim of the trunk to stand, Charles fell onto the car clutching his throat while gasping, slamming the trunk on top of her hand.

"Shit," Sean gasped as North yanked Charles and tossed him onto the ground. "Get her to the car now," Sean said yanking his shirt off and wrapping it around her hand. "It'll be okay, Liza."

"My...my..." she held her hand to her chest as the tears streamed down her face. Her breathing was quickly becoming shorter and faster.

"Be easy Raven," Sean said trying to keep her hand still. "Get us to the hospital."

"Mom will be waiting," Kota said hanging up his phone.

"My...my..." she sobbed as Raven put his arm under her knees and picked her up bridal style.

"Brandon is getting the kids and will meet us there," North said hanging up his phone.

"I will wait here for the police," Owen nodded as Nathan pressed his shoe into Charles' back even more. "We will be there once everything here is done. Oh, look there they are, hello Officers."

"Arrest these assholes!" Charles shouted trying to get up, but Nathan just kept him where he laid in the gravel. "Look they are assaulting me!"

"What is exactly going on, Attorney General?" one of the officers asked.

"This man here," Owen glared at Charles, "physically assaulted his soon to be ex-wife repeatedly, threatened her life, and she is currently in route to the hospital with Dr. Sean Green because he slammed the trunk on her hand in a moment of rage. He is not taking her leaving him very well."

"So it seems," the other officer said watching the footage of the assault from Corey's phone. "Alright, let's go, buddy." He grabbed Charles' wrists and after the handcuffs were on, Nathan stepped back so the officers could lift him up.

"This isn't over!" Charles shouted. "She will pay for this, that bitch will pay!"

"Yeah, yeah," the officer said shoving him into the car. "We've heard that before."

They rushed to the hospital and Raven met them in the waiting room, "Doc and Momma do x-ray so do surgery," he growled standing to meet them. "I kill him."

"You can't," Axel shook his head. "He's in jail."

"Make suffer, Blackbourne," Raven growled.

"Oh he will," Owen nodded. "I swear it."