chapter 19

That night had faded by, the blissful feeling of being in scaramouche's embrace, as if you were that of lovers had overjoyed you. The sheer amount of emotion that; even though he deemed 'disgusting, humanly, and unworthy' you found beautiful, the way he expressed himself so effortlessly, it had made you realize the reason you were immediately drawn into him. The whole night you two lied together as he told you about his past, how he was abandoned without a single word, how he took the gnosis to fulfill his true purpose.

"well.. I suppose you should rest now, seeing as you actually need sleep because of your humanity." you nod, resting your head on his chest, surprising he seemed alright with it...

The morning sun had began to blind you, shining through the curtains of the ruined house that you two had crashed in after ruining last night, you sat up, scaramouche had been asleep beside you, a smile on your face. Seeing as you seemed.. Closer, you leaned down pressing a kiss to his cheek with a smile, going to pull away your wrist was grabbed by his hand. "infatuated with me already?" he was obviously joking, but you inability to get it just left your face with visable confusion. What is.. Infactuated??

"ah..." he looks at you, realizing that from whatever childe has told him, you probably haven't even gone to school yet. "never mind, anyways, it's morning I guess.. We should get going, I've.. Heard of some new in sumeru city" he gets up, waiting for you, which you follow along, immediately grabbing his hand and walking alongside him. "why are we going to sumeru?" he thinks for a few seconds.. Thinking of a.. Way to explain his plan furthermore.

"well.. From studies done by one of the fatui agents, many people in sumeru seem.. Not happy with their god, which means that the city has mixed discourse, this is the perfect time to swoop in and take sumeru for myself, the city is.. Weaker." he nods, starting to fasten his pace, as do you.

Had you expected this trip to have so much walking you would've gotten some cryo slime condensate along to numb the pain in your feet that you had felt from walking for hours, this didn't go unnoticed by scaramouche, you had slowed down and your walking was less steady, although you tried to tell him you were fine ; not wanting to disappoint him, he still told you that a break was necessary. "I had.. Forgotten that you were a mortal."

You lied down after some hesitation, not wanting to delay his 'destiny' as he would call it during his many rambles, which you would listen to, throughly trying to get a good grasp of how his perspective was on the world. “don't worry.. We have a lot of time, why rush?” you nod, sitting down, which he sits down beside you. “are you.. Actually interested in assisting me?” you immediately nod, a smile on your face.
“of course, I want to be with you, I'm.. Not exactly sure what it's called.. Dottore called it, love?” scaramouche looks surprised, clearly not expecting that from you, “love.. You, love me?” he reaches out, almost placing a hand on your cheek before quickly pulling back, remembering who he was. steadying his gaze on your eyes, he watches as you spesk. “if.. This is what dottore said it was then.. Yes, it is” although he had a happy look on his face he still looked upset, upset that you had been referencing dottore so often, what had even happened that dottore was talking to you about love?

Pushing away that odd feeling he sighs, “well.. Yeah maybe it is.. But..” thinking to himself for a moment he can't help but ask.. Why me? Why not somebody else? Why not somebody who's like you, who you can die with...“... Nevermind, are your feet better? Or should we stay longer??” waiting for a response he began to stand up, only for his shorts the be grabbed onto and then pulled, which dragged him back down to the ground. “he-” you pressed a finger to his lips, shaking your head “you don't have to worry about me, as long as I'm with you it doesn't matter how injured I am” a tint of red had begun fading onto your cheeks as he nodded. “al.. Alright.” he gets up, holding your hand as he does bringing both of you to your feet. “alright, we should continue on.. This next step in my plan is very.. Important”

The next few days were spent following behind scaramouche, it was by no means a short walk, having to cross inazuma's land as someone who's never been there before was a difficult task, although there was always a hand held out for you if you couldn't get up a certain part in a hill. Of course, that was the easy part. As you made it to the edge of the island your eyes widened, the vast amount of water had made you realize that this trip was not going to be smooth and easy.

“you look worried. It's fine we aren't swimming.” you follow his eyes with yours, and eventually you spot a small boat, it looked small. Too small for two people. He started walking down and you follow, making your way towards it. He grabs the boat and pulls it closer to you while untying the rope that had kept it on the land. “hold that for a few seconds.. ” you nod, holding onto the boat, which he momentarily got into... How are we both supposed to fit..? He barely fits as it is.. “come on” he holds his hand out, and just as you grab it you hear a loud voice booming behind you, definitely directed at you and scaramouche. “There! It's you, the one who killed my fellow kairagi.. ”

You quickly turned around, met with four different kairagi who seemed able to manipulate elemental energy. One with electro came at you head first, all it took to Dodge was a swift right step, a step to the left for the next, the next step ba- CRASH.... Huh, the next thing you knew your body had collided into the 3rd kairagi, a flame one, he raised his blade, bringing it down right on top of you, your only option left.. Was to grab the sword before it cut you in half.

The smell of burnt flesh had spread through the air like a virus, everyone inhaling it, breathing it out. It was unbearable... But, was it deadly?

Owch.... My.. Hands... Fuck....” you thought to yourself as you watched the flame on the blade start to cool and fade, while the kairagi was distracted by your utter Bravery, or stupidity, you pulled his sword right out of his hands, swiftly stabbing him in the abdomen, pulling the sword out once more you turned to the other kairagi, being fully aware that the one behind you would not be getting up anytime soon. “you... Must die! How shameful! How dare you come on our land and kill us off!” the second flame one reaches to swing his sword at you, but with one swift movement you bring your blade down, cutting off his arm. Emotions for his fallen comrades left him unable to properly think about how he moves, and how to guard himself

“too late. Too late... Hahh.. You're too late” you turn to the voice, directly behind you, there's a kairagi already charging straight at you, you try to run, but you can already feel the electrifying shocking stun of his blade piercing your skin.. 2....1....what...am I going to die? Now? What about Sc... Scara.. When you suddenly remembered he was there you felt a pull on your clothing, pulling you away from the deathly range of the electro kairagi. He starts pushing the boat off land into water, escaping from them successfully.. “you're hurt.. ” he seems so focused on your injury that he hadn't realized how the two of you were sitting. He had been on his knees, looking at where you had been shocked by electro, while your legs had been resting on his hips.

Your heart started beating faster as he looked down at you, “are you okay.? ” he pets your head softly obviously feeling responsible for the damage you took, since he didn't even help out. “Y-yes I'm okay...” your eyes were focused on his, it took every bone in your body to not kiss him right there and then..

Hmmm... Halloween? *ding dong!* “trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat, if you don't, I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear” huh... What a strange child's rhyme. “teucer stop that or you're going to be kissing everyone's feet who you told that to tonight. That includes smell Tommy!!” kiss? The act of affection.. “why would he kiss their feet?” Tonia looks at you before smiling. “pshh.. It's just so he stops saying that stupid thing.” she whispers to you, giggling... Kiss.. You reach up to your lips softly closing your eyes.. Kissing.. Yeah.. The act of affection...