chapter 3

The little boy, who went by the name Teucer had been dragging Y/N around the house. “This is my room!!!” Y/n smiles, “it's very nice” looking around the room suddenly reminds Y/N that she never really had her own room, that she had always been in the basement. Ever since she had first come home as a baby. She realization made her chest feel fuzzy and her eyes water a bit, but she quickly blinked the tears away, smiling happily at Teucer once more.

Teucer then drags her to the backyard, kitchen, Tonia's room, childes room, which seemed mostly unused. Although she knew he was a Fatui debt collector she didn't know anything specific, and also didn't know what the Fatui were in the first place. Teucer smiled at her, stopping her in the hallway. “Oh yeah!!! My big brother is a Toy seller!!” the statement had interested Y/n, since she had thought that he was a Fatui.. Something what ever he had called himself. “yeah!! He's the best toy seller in Snezhnaya! And soon he'll be the best in the world! He's the coolest!!!” the way he had described his brother made Y/N wonder if having one of her own would've made her life better, but the tug on her hand from Teucer had pulled her out of it, causing her to gulp. They ended up right in front of Childe. “Oh? You're done? Fantastic! Well then, Y/N how do you like it here?” Y/N smiles softly, mostly the first time in years she has. “it's..nice.. It feels cozy.” the reply makes the blue-eyed ginger smile, placing a hand on her shoulder. “great! I think it's best for you to stay here, it's..” he looks down at Teucer before continuing “safer for you to be here than at the evil toy factory!” the last bit makes Teucer gasp, looking up at Y/N “Evil toy factory!!!! That's where you came from!? That.. Sounds so scary!!!!!” Teucer runs away screaming as if he's being chased by an evil toy while Y/N watches. Childe pokes her side to get her attention, which works. Y/N turns to him “hmm?” he smiles “Don't worry, Tonia will take care of you, for the time being you can sleep in my room till I come back alright? Maybe once I get back we can do something fun, that'll help you out of that turtle shell, alright?” the way he had made it a bit of  fun of his sentence had caused a small giggle to escape Y/N's lips.

Childe felt relived that she was happy, even more he wanted to go back to that run down house and kill the man who Y/N called father. That was no father, that was a monster disguised as one. Childe was very family oriented, so to see something so horrible happen from a family member it made his blood boil. How could they do that? They are supposed to love each other. Take care of each other. He was supposed to keep his daughter safe, why had he been hurting her? He shook the thought away as he walked out of the house, waving goodbye to his younger siblings before leaving and shutting the door behind him.

Once he had left she turned, the girl, Tonia was behind her. She waved at Y/n which Y/n had returned, smiling softly. Tonia looked at her clothes, realizing that they were old, run down, and dirty. “how about we go shopping..?” Y/N's head perks up at the idea, but she really didn't want to make them spend money, Tonia grabs her hand and pulls her into her room. Tonia was about 15 years old, so she decided that while they go shopping she should wear her clothes. “you can borrow some of my clothes till we get you your own,” looking down at what she was wearing, Y/N agrees. “Alright..” she gets changed and looks at herself in Tonia's mirror. The outfit was Tight in places around her chest, but loose in places like her thighs and stomach, it was clear that Y/N was underfed and starved. Once she left the room Tonia looked at her, she didn't know Y/N's back story but she knew that it wasn't happy. She handed Y/n a local snack that people of Snezhnaya had often before walking to the clothing store. Once inside Y/N was in total awe. It was so big and the clothes were so pretty. y/n didn't even realize Tonia slip away as she walked towards one of the staff, asking them about some of the clothing, as they talked y/n had begun to walk backwards, so she could keep eye contact with the employee.

CRASH! ....., huh... What.. Was that? Did I bump into someone?

I stood up, turning around to look at who I bumped into, a boy with a very large hat, who for the most part didn't seem to be dresses for the weather in Snezhnaya. I look down noticing that he dropped a few papers. As he gets up I get back down and pick them up for him, while handing them back I catch a quick glimpse of his face.... Wait... What... My heart, it's beating,.. Fast. Why? Am I scared? Why do I feel.. Awkward? Before I even noticed he had started to speak, snapping me out of the trance I was in for around 15 seconds. Which was spent staring at him. “Thank you for picking up my papers.” his voice sent shivers through my body, why is it so soothing? Before I get absolutely lost in staring at him again I quickly speak “You're welcome! I-I'm sorry for bumping into you..” he nods, just as he's about to say something Tonia comes over yelling my name. “Y/n! I found some outfits, shall we go now?” I nodded yes. Although I turned back to the boy, he was gone, although after looking around for a few seconds I noticed him, walking away.

We came back home, and Tonia led me to the bathroom. She turned the water on than left the bathroom and placed a pair of Pajamas on the counter. I got undressed and slipped into the tub, closing the curtains. As I soaked in the tub there was one thing coming to mind, that boy. Just thinking of him made my heart beat faster. Why did he have such a hold on me? I'm not scared of him... So what is it. “why... Do I want to see him again? I probably won't.. He was dressed like someone from a different Nation. I wonder what his name was... He was.. So.... Cute..”