chapter 14

It all happens.. So fast....

Before you knew it, kazuha, the man who you first met on the crux fleet lies dead, by the hands of the second harbinger. Worry, panic, confusion sets in. The doctor grabs your hand, squeezing it before dragging you away. Someone passing by runs to him, the cause of death.. His head had been smashed against the floor, with enough force to bust it open like a melon.

Tears.. I didn't even know him, but if it weren't for me, maybe he wouldn't be dead.

While lost in thought dottore takes the chance to speak up. "you shouldn't let anybody else take what you own, and frankly, it seemed his intentions were to take you." you gulp, looking up at dottore. A sink grin covers his face. "I can tell you seem fond of that puppet boy. A pity, but, how would you feel if he suddenly.. Fell in love with some random girl? And could never make contact with you again? Plus if I let that boy take you, what would the chance of even seeing the balladeer be?" for some unknown reason his words had struck you very deep. What would you do if scaramouche fell in love with someone? And why did the thought of it make you feel a certain sense of anger...? The angry expression on your face made it clear to dottore that he was getting through to you. "do you Love the balladeer?" the question left you shocked.

Love... Love... What is love..?? Is it the.. The feeling I get in my chest when I see him? The feeling of my heart tightening... The feeling of loosing control of myself?.. The feeling of wanting to grab him.. The feeling that makes it heart to breathe, that makes your head start spinning. Such a sickly sweet feeling. It makes you want to puke. You feel barely able to stand it anymore... Is that love...?

You feel a hand against your forehead "not sure? Alright then. I'll ask you again after you see the balladeer once again." he gets up and turns around, walking out of the room which he lead you into while you were deep into thought, leaving you alone with your thoughts. You brain immediately thinking of scaramouche. Your cheeks flush red, thinking of how he'd hold you, what it would feel like to be able to press your lips against his, are his soft? What.. It would be like to be in bed with him. A nervous shiver crept down your spine as you thought about how a night with him would go. How he would touch your body, would you let him? Would he let you touch his? His skin, it looked soft.. So soft the last time you saw him. You inhale shakily, slowly sliding down onto your knees while your mind continues to wonder about scaramouche.

You press your head against the cold wall... Would he press me up against a wall like this? You try to mimic the actions of which your imagination has determined scaramouche would do, wandering your hands all over your body, all the way to your thighs. Slowly, you move your hands in more and more, stopping on your inner thighs, before a few seconds your face explodes red, feeling extremely embarrassed about the thoughts you just had about scaramouche. You shake your head and lie down, not really sleeping, but just trying to not think of things like that for now.

A wash of guilt comes over you as you realize that even though kazuha has died, you've only cried for him so little. You're sure there are others crying for him, but you seem to have barely cared.  You brush it off as you didn't entirely know him, although you're still.. Unsure of why you were able to get over a dead body so soon. You sigh it off and go to sleep. Watching as the whole world starts to fade to black.

s-scaramouche?!” he presses his finger against your lips, causing your cheeks to turn pink. “shh.. Just.. Enjoy.. ~” he grabs your thighs, starting to part your legs. You gulp nervously, as his face turns to one of a seductive smile, he pulls your body closer to his, your chests against each other. “I'll be gentle” ...... SPLASH

You jolt up, the ice cold water that had been dumped in you had woken you up instantly. You look up and notice that it was the doctor who had splashed you. "I've been trying to wake you up for the past 10 Minutes. I wonder what kind of dream would have such a hold on you.” you think to yourself. “I don't rememb-” suddenly, the dream starts Fading back in, and you remember what you dreamt about, you cheeks going pink once more. " nothing important... A-anyway! What did you need that you had to wake me up? ” you were a bit sour that he woke you just as scaramouche and you were going to... Do things. “I need to check your arm, remember?” you nod, making an 'ohhh' sound. You get out of bed, soaked. “do you have any clothes...?” he thinks for a few seconds before nodding. “of course, what kind of doctor doesn't?” you take his hand as he leads you to a room filled with hospital gowns, at least it won't be freezing cold like snezhnaya...

After putting one on dottore calls you down to his lab, mostly to run tests on you, your arm, and how this new antidote was working against the poison. He drew some blood to start, flicking the syringe before inserting it into your arm. A pinch was all you were able to feel for a few seconds, looking away disgusted, not wanting to see your blood flow out of your arm into a tube. After he had finished extracting your blood you sat up, head spinning. “O.. Oh... I'm.. Di-” ..........