chapter 9

You were sleeping as something started suddenly blasting in your ear, When you awoke it was still dark, a sign that it was extremely early. You look over to the source of the noise. An alarm which seemed to be the balladeers. You look over to him only to see him still asleep. You didn't want to wake him up due to how pretty he looked while sleeping. A light blush spread across your cheeks as you silently turned off the alarm. Turning your attention back to your now boss, your heartbeat speeding up as you slowly inched closer to him, your whole body getting butterflies after getting too close, resulting in you backing away.

You decide that you should get ready, since he probably set the alarm for a reason. You get up and walk towards the wardrobe, noticing the cicin mage outfit, “I suppose this is my outfit now.” you take it and bring it into the washroom, placing it on the counter top before undressing and entering the shower. First priority being your hair, then your body, you didn't have much time for all the fancy bathing routines that Tonia had taught you while staying with them. You added some shampoo to your hair followed by conditioner.

As you carried along with your shower you didn't even notice the bathroom door open until the sink faucet turned on, which made you jump in surprise. You turn around to see scaramouche, brushing his teeth, either he didn't care enough that you were in the shower or he was pretending to not notice. Although his presence made you quickly close the shower curtain, splashing a bit of water on him, which he did react to. “Excuse me.?” your face heated up further, “u-uhm.. I'm in the shower..” you feel as if he's starring daggers into you through the shower curtain. Although you were covering yourself a part of you felt like it didn't really care about what he saw, or more like it wanted him to see. Of course your brain shut down the whole idea, not wanting to be a pervert. Although it didn't really matter because a few seconds later you heard the tap turn off as well as the bathroom door opening. “oh, also don't take too long, we have somewhere to be in five minutes”

The sudden realization that you had barely five minutes to get out of the door practically forced you out of the shower. You turned the water off before messily drying yourself off. You go to reach for the cicin mage uniform only to realize it's no longer there. You sigh, guessing that Scaramouche had taken it or something. You rush out with your towel wrapped around you, stopping in front of scaramouches bed which he was sitting on. “did you take the uniform..?” he looks at you for a few seconds, as if you just asked the stupidest question. Which made you turn away and return to the bathroom. His glare was a bit intimidating, to be completely honest. But at the same time he was so cute that it was hard for you to be scared of him. After about two minutes scaramouche walks in with a different outfit, it seems to be a outfit of higher rank, “cicin mages wouldn't be attending this meeting. You'd stick out. For now you'll be a mirror maiden, so just try to not say anything.” he practically spat his words, seemingly annoyed about the meeting. Maybe it was with one of his co-workers, you joked to yourself,

Nonetheless you put on the outfit, it felt  a bit more comfortable then the tight cicin mage outfit, but it revealed more. Guess you can't really win hmm? You walked up to scaramouche, still putting your mask on. “I'm ready!” he turns to you, looking you up and down. “what kind of weapon do you fight with?” you thought for a few minutes then realized that polearm was the first and only weapon childe ever taught you to use. “I use a polearm” he shakes his head, handing you some kind of orb shaped item. “not anymore, you'll be using a catalyst. I also noticed you don't have a vision. Maybe you'll get a delusion after this meeting.” unfamiliar with what a delusion was exactly you agreed. although you had absolutely no idea how to use a catalyst, he seemed annoyed and you decided that if push comes to shove you'd use your fists.

You follow scaramouche out the door, where there were multiple fatui agents waiting to escort the two of you. Since transportation devices on land are scarce and not really a thing at all, you had to walk the whole way there. You weren't exactly used to wearing high heels to say the least. And slowly the walk became an endurance test on your feet. It was a decently short walk, maybe around 30 minutes, but with your inexperience with heels and seemed like it was going to feel much longer.

You continued to walk with scaramouche a bit longer, until you made it to the meeting place. Scaramouche turns to you, checking the time. “we have about 15 minutes until they arrive. Make sure you stand as still and quietly as possible. Also try to not be noticeable.” he practically shoo's you away, to which you turn away and sit on a rock, it was still close to him, just not as close as before. You look up at him, watching him impatiently wait, as in your head you slowly started daydreaming.....

Yn! I've been looking for you, my beloved!” the man cupped her cheeks, using his thumbs to softly caress her cheeks, “me..? You've been looking for me?” the woman blushes, nervously placing a hand on her heart. “yes darling! I've been looking for you..” he slowly removed his hands from her cheeks, getting down on one knee and pulling a little box out with a very expensive looking ring. “darling , will you  marry me? ” the woman starts crying nodding her head yes while hugging onto him, placing a soft and tender kiss on his lips as he slides an engagement ring into her finger, taking her hand and interlocking her fingers with his. He slowly dives back in for a second kiss, the woman desperately waiting for their lips to collide! Until-

Yn! They're here! Get up!” you quickly snap out of your beautiful day dream, getting up and standing behind scaramouche, blushing due to the fact that you had just imagined your lips making contact with his. But with his back turned to you he doesn't seem to notice.