twenty-six

Harry looked as handsome as ever, dressed in black with part of his hair pushed back. He took my breath away and increased the beating of my heart. I didn't know if it was because alcohol still flowed through my veins or if it was because I hadn't seen him in three days, but it seemed like seeing him never felt that intense. Claiming that I had missed him felt like an understatement as he stepped in front of me and generated the longing in my heart.  

He stopped a few feet away from me, and I could tell that he was uncertain to which extent he could reach for me. Even I wasn't too sure of how I was supposed to act around him; torn between running into his arms, and keeping my distance. I picked the first option. My feet running to him before my brain could register what was happening. Before I knew it, I crashed into him with full force, making him take a few steps back.  

Harry's surprise was short-lived as he quickly realized that I was in his arms. I felt his body slowly relieving its tension, his arms immediately closing around me to hold me tight, followed by his lips on my temple.  

"Hey," he whispered, greeting me calmly, and the deep tone of his voice resonating through me.

I pulled away slightly, keeping my arms around his neck and my body close to his. "Hey," I whispered back, my face inches away from his.  

Our eyes locked with each other and for a second the world stop spinning, as I got lost in his beautiful emerald eyes. A smile crept on my lips, and I tried to bite it down, but it was no use. I was so happy to see him.  

"I missed you," I said, my voice breathless. I had said it times and times again during our phone conversation earlier, but I said it again anyway. It was the only thing on my mind.

His lips slowly turned upward in a smirk. "I missed you too," he replied.  

I was glad that he restrained his teasing comments. I already felt silly for saying it out loud so often, him commenting on it would've made it even worse.  

"You're a little drunk," he commented, his eyes crinkling in the corner as his smirk widened. 

I grunted, I hadn't avoided the teasing after all. "Shut up," I mumbled before hiding my face in his neck and resting my head on his shoulder.  

He laughed softly before holding me tighter and slowly rocking us from side to side. I breathed him in, enjoying the familiar scent, getting high on his cologne, his soap and the particular smell of his skin. They filled my senses and made me lose my mind. But then a hint of something hit my nose; I hadn't smelled it at first, the scent subtle and barely noticeable.  

I pulled away rapidly, searching Harry's eyes, looking for the familiar red outline and glossiness, but noticing nothing.  

"Where were you?" I asked with my eyebrows pulled together in suspicion.

Harry sighed before ducking his head to hide it in my neck. "With friends."

"What friends?" I pressed on.

He pulled away, looking at me with sad eyes. "Ryan, Matt and some others."

I detached my arms, pushing Harry away from me. "Did you drive while being high?" I asked, my voice nearing a scream. 

I could handle Harry taking drugs and I could handle him ringing at my door at 3am under the influence, as long as he didn't put anyone else in danger. I didn't care if he said that he was fine to drive after a few hit. Drugs were as dangerous as alcohol on that aspect. You shared the road with other people and driving under the influence put these people in danger. The thought of it angered me.  

Harry raised his hands in the air, claiming innocence. "I'm not high," he defended himself.

I raised a brow doubtingly. "You smell like weed."