Credits/Sources

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading this. This story brought so much emotion for all of you to feel too. Now, if you are wondering where I got these ideas, you better stay.)

Beginning (Chapter 1):
When Poppy did her morning routine, it was based on The Lego Movie when Emet said "good morning" to the furniture in his apartment.

Song: Rhythm Nation from the Camila Cabello's Cinderella

The scene where Trollex threatened Prince D was inspired by Angry Birds 2 when Chuck says something similar to Red about not treating his sister right. Which makes sense since I haven't mentioned her yet. The same goes for any members of Trollex's family who haven't been said by Dreamworks. (Besides Beat Drop)

The Party Incident (Chapter 2):
The scene where Poppy is shocked to see the cruise is inspired by Hotel Transylvania 3, where Dracula says the same line (with a bit of change) to his daughter Mavis. This is similar to when Prince D acknowledges what the cruise offers.

Song: It's party time by Joe Jonas

The scene where Maddie (dressed up as a waitress) orders the leader's drinks was inspired by a similar scene in Cars 2, where Matter was trying to hang out with McQueen and Sally was disguised as a waiter. Like Matter, Maddie's plan backfires when she has to figure out the leader's usuals.

Crazy Ride (Chapter 3):
As I wrote in this chapter, Branch screams like Hey-Hey in Moana. And his response was Barb smacking him to stop, similar to Moana calming Hey-Hey down with a coconut.

And the scene where Shift explains how far the lifeboat may be from the cruise is inspired by the movie Abominable when Peng tells his cousin Jin how far away they may be, which is ironically true.

And the scene where Shift catches a fly near Branch's lip was inspired by the scene in Back to the Outback when Doug managed to eat a fly near Pretty Boy's lip. Branch, too, says the same sentence as pretty boy.

The scene where Trollex is trying to push the boat by swimming was inspired by the Incredibles when Dash moved the lifeboat to Syndrome's island.

Day of Survival (Chapter 4):
Song: It's a Jungle out here by Philip Lawrence

This whole chapter was inspired by a similar chapter in the book: Trolls Tropical Getaway. Written and Illustrated by George_Beard & OpefuLee

Truth (Chapter 5):
The scene when Maddie and Mina are arguing with each other came from one of my favorite Graphic Novels, Brave. We're Jenny and Akilah. They were both arguing with each other but quickly stopped and reconsidered later.

In the movie Ant-Man & the Wasp, Hope's mother nicknamed her Jellybean when she was a child.

Song: Better Together by Jack Johnson

The New Branch (Chapter 6):
Like the last two, this chapter was inspired by similar chapters in Trolls: Tropical Getaway.

The scene where Branch was caught in his mind being more "chill" was inspired by one of my anxious thoughts when I was so hard on myself that I started to compare what I "thought" everyone was saying to what they meant.
Example: I hear failure, but in reality, the accurate word is an improvement

And a similar scene where Frond was showing the amazement of the island was inspired by a similar scene in Croods where Grug showed how unique his ideas were.

The scene where the Trolls find out some of their friends are missing was inspired by Wings of Fire Book 3 when the dragonets find some of their friends missing.