Dramatic Confession

(A/N: Sorry this is so short 😭😭😭)

It was Mina! (Turned into a giant Snowy Owl). Mina screeched at the squid and grabbed the leaders (in her giant claw) before turning back into her normal form. However, she was limping and she had a couple of injuries on her body.

"That will keep him busy. You guys go to the basement! I-I'll stay here." Mina said trying to nudge Poppy into the basement.

"WHAT?! No! H-How are you going to face that? We'll just think of another plan! Just, please don't go back there! PLEASE!"
Poppy begged and cried to Mina, trying to pull her wings into the basement.

"Poppy, there is no other way."
Poppy heard a voice, a sweet yet sinister voice she heard before. Poppy turned around to see. . .

"CREEK?! What are you doing here?! I say let's feed him to the SQUID!!!" Poppy screamed to Creek (Like she normally would) showing her devil-like eyes towards Creek.

"Poppy listen, *cough cough* I talked to Creek about it. This is the beginning of the lord's plan. His plan, to capture me."
Mina said as she stepped forward to Poppy, limping a little. And everyone knew what was about to happen next.

"Because my power and energy are enough to make him mortal again."
Mina finished her sentence, leaving shocked and confused faces.

"But how do you know if he's not tricking you?"
Barb demanded, giving Creek the "death glare"

"Just go in!"
Mina shouted pushing all the leaders in the basement and closed the door. Leaving, Poppy and Creek outside.

"Poppy listen,
Mina said, holding on Poppy's shoulders.

Poppy was crying floods. She didn't want the worst thing to happen.

Stay strong. I'll be back before Hug-time."
Mina said softly to Poppy. She started to cry, but she kept smiling weakly.

And without thinking, she used her hair to open the basement door, and then shoved Poppy, along with Creek.

"Mina! Open this door!"
Poppy screamed behind the door. Banging on it constantly. Pools is tears stared coming in her eyes.

"Mina! Please open up!"
Poppy screamed again, this time she was to weak to keep banging it and passed out due to exhaustion.

Creek picked up Poppy and continued to ran downstairs, darker into the basement. Once he made it down, he saw hundreds of Trolls shocked and scared.

"Creek?! Get your hands of Poppy!"
Branch said and took Poppy from his arms.

"In fact, where's Mina?!"
Branch shouted again, angrily.

"She's still up there! She shoved us inside! Please don't hurt me! I'll do anything for you!"
Creek begged, crying onto his knees.

Meanwhile outside:

Shift saw the whole commotion. How Mina was willing to risk her own safety to save others. He knew that this was his chance to confess.

Before Mina could fly up and turn into a giant owl, he caught her hand and took her to a dark area.

"Sh-Shift?! W-What are you doing here?"
Mina said sounding shocked.

"Please don't do this Mina. I'm begging you."
Shift said back, holding onto her hands.

"There's no other way. Even if I leave the squid here, he'll come back to get me. I'm the reason why he's here. I have to do this."
Mina said back to Shift. She felt guilt and sadness washing over her. She didn't want to say goodbye.

Before Mina went back out again, Shift grabbed her arm and pulled her in for a kiss. (Not an adult kiss)

Once Shift pulled away, he turned into a light shade of red. (Indicating embarrassment)

"Mina. The truth is, I always had a crush on you. I didn't know how to tell you before, c-cause your just beautiful and,
Shift was shushed by Mina as she put her finger on his mouth.

"Shift. I get it. I really, really think your cute and sweet and just the coolest Troll, I have ever met in my life. Don't be embarrassed by it."
Mina said as she smiled.

"And I will be your girlfriend."
Mina finished her sentence with a bashful smile.

But soon, Mina's smile faded away. She knew what she had to do.

She quickly opened the cruise's storage room and pushed Shift inside and locked the door from the outside.

"M-Mina? Why are you doing this?"
Shift yelled out to her, crying in pain.

"Because, I lost my parents due to lightning, I lost my best friend due to lightning, and I did nothing. I can't just stand here while the people I love most are willing to sacrifice their life for me."
Mina cried back to Shift. Shift heard the pain and guilt in her voice.

"But how will I know your going to be okay?!"
Shift said back, crying.

"Take this. I wanted to give it to you the moment I fell in love. Please, say it out loud when you come home."
Mina said softly as she slipped a red envelope underneath the door.

Before Shift could answer, Mina just whispered this:
"Take them to the mountains for me. Will you?"
And then she flew off.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"
Shift screamed loudly, but he knew no one could stop her.