13. why | 왜

"Then tell, why you left me?"
Nicholas' assertion was expected by her. She felt the need to explain everything to him, Dan-oh had always lived with the guilt of betraying the latter.

"Don't hate me afterward…"
She mumbled as her eyes had already been pooled with warm tears.

Nicholas sighed softly and pecked the elder's forehead as an assurance.

"I would never bring myself to hate you noona…"

"I'm HIV positive,"
It took a lot for Dan-oh to reveal it.

A lot.

It would be a lie if Nicholas wasn't shocked. He had an entanglement of emotions, but he was good at keeping his calm from the outside.

"I found it back in high school, I was so reckless and immature, not even aware of whatever I did..."
She choked on her tears and continued as Nicholas kept patting her back gently.

It was enough to give Dan-oh the courage. 

"My parents decided to move out. They were scared…if the news spread out that their daughter got  sexually transmitted disease, it's gonna ruin their family name."
The elder took a deep breath and continued.

"I lost my mind thereafter…I had to leave everyone without a goodbye, but somehow I recovered. When I was back to my normal life, the first thing I did was to search for you Nicho…but then again I wasn't God's favorite."

"AIDS along with cancer…what a fucking blessing right?

Now tell me, how am I supposed to present myself in front of you?

How can I stay beside you?"

Danoh suddenly got up and harshly wiped her tears like she didn't deserve to cry.

Meanwhile the latter felt his heart being ripped apart. 

Why her? Why did she have to go through this…

Without thinking much Nicholas stood up and pulled the fragile girl into his embrace. The tears were no longer lingering and they dripped down his tanned cheek slowly. 

"I just love you…I don't care about anything else."
He broke the hug after a period and cupped the elder's flushed face.

"Screw love…you are literally my life, there is no me without you."

And that was enough for Dan-oh to capture the latter's quivering lips, His lips which asserted those deeply affectionate words.

Sealing the passion and love within themselves. 

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎