11. confession | 고백

"I almost forgot why I was here for…"
The younger mumbled while sighing.

"You will be fine Nicho, it might hurt at first but we can't avoid the radiation therapy."
Dan-oh kept patting his fluffy hair to tone him down.

"Yeah…it will be fine. Since you are here with me,"
The brunette-haired smiled a little mustering up the courage to face the reality and pain. 

"Noona, can I ask you one thing?"
The female nodded unaware of the question she was about to face. 

"After we get through this together…will you stay by my side?"
He paused before continuing further.

"I lived my entire life in confusion like, why can't I stay normal and be happy?

But now that you are here, I feel delighted with all those little moments happening between us. I had a better transition even at the hardest time.

And one thing remained the same this whole time, it was all you, my entire life was all about you."

The younger's smile was so vibrant, he was feeling like a little kid who found contentment in everything.

In disparity, Dan-oh was unable to utter a word. She can't lie or tell the truth. She wanted to say yes a thousand times but it would be so selfish of her to do so.

"Noona? I'm sorry if that was too much-"
Nicholas' words were curtailed as he was pulled into the fervor of the elder.

"I love you Nicho…but I'm sorry,"
She cried endlessly while clasping him against her, sharing their warmth in the frigid moment.

It panged Nicholas to see her breaking down but at the same time, he was perplexed. 

The chemotherapy was a success

But his confession was a failure

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎