9. magical illusions | 마법의 환상

"Noona, where is Yelin?"
Nicholas asked worriedly. He missed the little sunshine very much as she had stopped visiting him for two days.

"She went through chemotherapy,"
Dan-oh sighed and plopped down on the bed beside the younger.

The latter was trying to neglect the fact that all of them were in a cancer care center. But the truth couldn't be forgotten.

He felt so fragile to accept reality.

"Will she be alright?"
Nicholas asked as he scooted closer to the elder.

"She is on the primary stage...our baby has to stay strong and hold on a little more,"

Dan-oh took a deep breath and tried to keep herself from breaking down. To Nicholas it felt more like the elder was trying to convince herself.

"She will...even if it felt hard to accept Yelin's request first, I really want to fulfill it now."
Those words were enough for the elder female to lose the hold on herself. Nicholas realized it and pulled her into his chest. She held on to the latter tightly and let out those warm yet coldest tears that she bottled up for her entire life.

"I hope everything was simple as in the world of magical illusions. Everything according to our wishes and likings, how convenient."

No wonder she loved magic.
Nicholas thought.

Dan-oh loved to escape harsh reality. Just like everyone else. And she found her relief in magic.

But whatever they were going through was beyond what can be manifested with magic.

It was the difficult phase of mortality, the disappearing act.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎