Well that's shady

About three weeks into the first month of school at Nevermore and I pretty much new all that I needed to. I knew the best places to watch the stars, to draw, when the quad was deserted, how to avoid teachers in the halls, and even how to avoid principal Weems.

I even made a whole new playlist to listen to. It just reminded me of nevermore, and of Xavier, who often came around with me at night to draw. I think he might have a whole sketchbook full of... well me at this point.

Tonight was different though, I was alone at the top of the dorm tower, leaning gently against the stone rail just watching the quiet school. It was usually bustling full of activity but at night it was still, resting along with all of its students.

I had my earbuds in and was listening to Chase Atlantic like any other night. I had my sketchbook with me, I had drawn Xavier a few moments before, but it wasn't something I would ever show him.

 I had my sketchbook with me, I had drawn Xavier a few moments before, but it wasn't something I would ever show him

Side note: I didn't draw this, so credits to whoever did... i just googled it tbh i could never draw anything like that so I give my applause to the author.

I played with the rings on my fingers and looked down at the deserted quad. The fountain in the middle cast shadows over the grass. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving at the west end by the main doors.

I crouched down a little and peered straight at it. I felt a wave of nausea hit me and I took this as a sigh that this wouldn't be good.

I saw principal Weems come out into the moonlight, her red lipstick the most striking thing, still just as bright even from far away.

What was she doing out so late at night.

I looked at my phone. It was almost midnight.

Were some kids caught making out wand she was on her way to tell them off? 

I honestly couldn't tell you what I thought she was doing, but I intended to keep watching until I found out. 

She made her way across the grass to the  front side of the statue. I saw her turn her head to look around and I ducked lower. I peeked over the ledge and saw her press her hand up against the statue. There was a faint groaning noise as the stone began to move apart from each other creating a sort of door, archway thing.

Weems walked through it and it closed behind her as she walked down a flight of stairs.

My jaw dropped and was practically on the stone and once she was out of view i stood back up.

"What the freak just happened?" I asked myself.

I looked back down and sighed. I gathered my things and made my way silently back to my room. Bianca was still sleeping when i got back in. I put all of my stuff on the ground and climbed out the window.

I hit the grass below me with a dull thud and ran quickly to the quad. I wanted to investigate before Weems came back out. I quietly made my way over to the statue. 

I stood in the exact spot Weems had just been in and looked up at the fountain. There were no cracks or lines in the stone indicating there was a secret entrance. If someone had told me the fountain opened i wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it.

And I did see it. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and turned on the blue UV flashlight and waved it over the stone. There were a lot of fingerprints from where people have leaned against it, but one print stood out. 

A full clear handprint was located just above my head. 

"Got you." I whispered. I heard heavy footsteps thudding inside of the statue and my gut dropped. I quickly turned off the light and ran across the quad concealing myself behind one of the pillars.

I still had a perfect view of everything happening on the quad and I payed close attention.

The statue opened up again and to my utmost surprise, it wasn't Weems who came back out of it. Instead a tall man dressed in all black. His hair was a bleached blonde almost white ang even from where I was I could see his piercing blue eyes in the dark.

My stomach churned and I moved farther out of sight. He walked off in the direction Weems had originally came from. 

before going through the door he shrugged and adjusted his coat. I gasped as his previous clothes and flesh melted away back into Principal Weems.

I clasped my hands over my mouth to keep from screaming and watched him/her/Weems leave through the door.

I stood there in shock as I tried to process what had just happened.

I ran back across the quad and climbed back up to my room.

I was careful not to wake Bianca up as I left the room and went back to the roof of the tower.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Xavier's number.

"Hello?" He answered groggily. I was on the verge of tears and my breathing was ragged. I couldn't get the words out. "Ophelia, are you okay, what's wrong?" 

His voice became more alert and i heard the springs of his bed groan as he sat up.

"Meet me on the tower roof in twenty minutes." I choked out and I hung up before he could say another word.