Eugene

I met Wednesday where she told me to at lunch. She was already waiting for me to arrive.

"I want to introduce you to the president of the club." She told me as we walked. I nodded.

"I never really took you for someone who liked Bees." 

"I wasn't, it was just an alibi at first, but they have grown on me."

"So why do you want me to join?"

"Eugene would appreciate the extra help. He just got three new colonies, I don't think we would be able to take care of them alone."

We neared the beekeeping shed and bustling around in front of it was a short boy of possibly 13, 14 at the oldest.

"Wednesday!" He called out. He ran up to us excitedly and looked at me. "Who are you?" 

"Who are you?" I countered.

"Eugene. Eugene Ottinger." He held his hand out for me to shake. He had a strong grip and his glove was sticky. "Sorry, its just honey."

I smiled.

"It's no big deal, I'm Ophelia Addams."

"My cousin." Wednesday said. She dragged me into the shed with her and we both got into the white suits and netted hats.

"I have never seen you wear so much white before." Wednesday shot me a sharp look and I laughed.

"Keep talking and you lose a finger."

I stifled another laugh and we both went back out to rejoin Eugene.

"Do you know how to do this?"

"Do you?" 

"I have Apikinisis so yes... I can control bees." 

I smiled again. He seemed sweet.

"Take off your glove then."

"Why?"

"Just trust me."

He took off his glove and I gently took his hand. His eyes widened at the shock as I absorbed some of his power.

"What was that?"

"I absorbed some of your powers and now to answer your question, yes I do know how to do this."

Eugene looked at me in awe and turned back to the boxes in front of them.

"These three colonies need to be harvested immediately, so we can each take one."

We all got to work, and in the end we produced three jars of honey.

"The first harvest of the semester! This is off to a good start."

We all high fived each other and went to take off the gear.

"So there's no chance Enid's going to join, is there?"

"No Eugene, you should really give it up." Wednesday told him. He sighed and looked a little discouraged.

"She's gonna be too busy with the poe cup to even worry about the bees, cheer up dude."

"But that's in like a month!" He exclaimed.

"I know, and she's already planning. It's nothing personal."

"Yeah, I guess your right."

He ran off across the quad to go get food before the bell rang and I laughed.

"Why do you give him hope?" Wednesday asked.

"Sometimes a little hope goes a long way." 

Wednesday shook her head and left me alone. I could feel something coming behind me. I could sense it. i smiled to myself at the fact that my power was actually working. I knew who it was of course, but I let him think i didn't notice.

Xavier reached out to grab my waist and scare me but I quickly grabbed his hand and twisted him around. I pushed his arm behind his back and in between his shoulder blades, slowly easing him to his knees.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry."

"You tried to scare me?" I asked him, whispering it into his ear. I saw the hair on the back of his neck stand up and his arms get goosebumps.

"I did." He whispered back. 

"Never again?"

"Never."

I let him stand up and I released his arm. He turned around to face me and smiled.

"That hurt."

"You deserved it." I said, he smirked and held his hand out for me to take. "We have to get to class."

"I know, let me walk you." He grabbed my hand and pulled me along behind him.

"People like to drag me places."

"Yeah well you are pretty small." 

I tried to kick him in the shins as we walked but gave up.

Before we turned the corner to the classroom he pushed my lightly against the wall and kissed me once before walking off.

The bell rang out and I smiled, running into the classroom and taking my seat.